Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallsch. Sturmgesch. Brigade Schmitz

Hello everybody,

I am sorry to do not bring something new and exciting about the APB.

I get a nice grouping of documents which have been stuck for ages in a wallet. They were belonging to an Obfw. from the 1./Stu. Ges. Brig. Schmitz. Letters, photos, newpapers articles, an army military license and a Tarnausweis from the owner. There is an interesting report from his Kompanie-Chef about actions he did with his Sturmgeschutz'crew on 06.06.44 on the road Olgiata-Formello in Italy.

You will find his Tarnausweis above :

When I had a closed look at this, I realised that by July 1943, he already get a bunch of decorations. I checked the dog-tag number 62860 and it was perfectly matching with the Fledpost Nr. 36995 - The 4th Coy of the FJR 2. Through the document, there is a photo of Major Martin KUHNE. Obfw. Haumann probably participated at Mercury, he went in Russia but participated at the LEROS operation. Not bad and quite a surprised because the guy who had it from the family was not loaded as I am with documentation :

You will find above a photo from his crew :

and also details of crews from the 2nd Zug

For the end the decorations which went to somebody else some time ago., snif, snif. I only have the pocket knife.

Jean-Yves Nasse

Giday Jean-Yves,

What a fantastic group and what a shame that you did not have a chance to acquire the fellows decorations as well.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

In a way, it is good for me to know that for some collectors decorations is more priceable than papers.
      Jean-Yves

Comment

Jean-Yves,

Fantastic paper grouping. Thanks for sharing it with everyone.
        Its been my experience that anything even remotely associated with operation "Leopard" is quite hard to find.

How would you judge the market in Europe right now in regards to paratrooper paper ( document groupings, etc. )? Does there seem to be more on the market now ( than let's say 3 - 5 years ago ) because of the rate at which these guys are passing away,
        or is there less because of more and more people becoming interested in these things?

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

Still in Japan ?

Well, in a way I think I am finding more stuff than in the past. What it is very hard too find is pre-1940 groupings, but I think that I am loaded now. Most of the thing that you could find is post 1943 paratrooper's stuff. In short, most the LW personnal which ended up in FJ units at the end of war.

Most of the people are fascinated by uniforms, Cufftitles, badges, helmets, etc.. and most of the time they don't care too much of papers or don't understand why some could put lot of money in them. I get most of my documents from the vets and then I get addicted to Fallschirmjaeger memorabilia... I am sorrrrry !

Jean-Yves

Comment

Just want to add one picture from the grouping. I really don't know where it has been taken ??? You could see statues ? Any ideas .

Thank you all in advance,

Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X