New Year, Old Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year, Old Collection

As I was laying out these items to be photographed, I realized that this is the culmination of 35 years of collecting. I aquired the first item in 1972-1973 and the last item was bought at the SOS last year. I collected the bulk of this in the 1970s and 1980s. Many of these items are unissued, as I perfer, and purchased on the salary of a public school teacher. Several of these items were bought sight-unseen from SHOTGUN NEWS way back before the advent of the Internet, email and PCs. Oh, for the good old days! Those with sharp eyes will see the tropical tunic is not specifically a Para item as it has no loops or cloth Para badge, but it is the best I could do at the time. Likewise the tropical trousers are not specific to Paras but were worn with this type smock.
    Attached Files

Robbie,
    A very nice collection! I bought a number of items sight unseen in Shotgun News back in the early 1970s, too, but not quite as fine as the ones you have pictured there.
    Homer

Comment

Very nice Robbie!

Very little of my collection has come via the internet. And, even now I get little from the internet. The finest items are not obtained by surfing websites.

I too found some great items via the Shotgun News.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Wonderful items!
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

I agree with the others- super items! It is also pleasing to see that one can build a real nice collection over the years without being a millionaire. Congrats!
          jeff
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

beautiful items,

Funny picture because from this distance it almost seems like garments for the Dragon type dolls, no serious, beautiful items in lovely pristine condition, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice to see a collection put together the old-fashioned way. A great way to display it too ! Nice items.

Congratulations Robbie !

Steve

Comment

Great photo Robbie. Glad you solved your posting problem; was not on line over the Holidays. See you Saturday.
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Did you use a ladder for the picture?

Seriously though, great collection with items in great condition!!
                  Congratulation and happy new year!

Comment

Fantastic condition items. Thanks for showing

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Farrell View Post
                      Those with sharp eyes will see the tropical tunic is not specifically a Para item as it has no loops or cloth Para badge, but it is the best I could do at the time. Likewise the tropical trousers are not specific to Paras but were worn with this type smock.
                      I can see from here that the boots are dated 1945 and that the tropical side cap is a scarce Schellenberg example!
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Very nice photo! Great stuff.

Comment

Really nice collection. Tim.

Comment

FJ collectors are the best!

Thanks for the kind comments on my thread. But you can not pull a fast one on the members of The Forum. To Ostfries: You caught me, yes, that is my Dragon/Twentyfirst Century collection for my 12" men! To Yannis: Yes, a ladder was used to take the picture but it made the items rather small. It looked larger in person. To John: Correct on the boots and tropical os cap, but how could you tell from such a distance!! Best wishes, Robbie

Comment

Robbie:

Fantastic collection and years of hard work. Very nice Sir. Love that tropical tunic and tropical os cap BTW.

Best,

Larry F.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X