Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 FJD Soldbuch - Fake or real ?

Hello Everybody,

I am not used to bid at auctions, but I did it. Well, I get for 440 DM from the Stauffer Auktionen oHG (Thomas Appel & M. Peanneberg) a nice LW Soldbuch + the ID from an Hauptmann of the Stab./Flieger Rgt. 22 who ended up in the Stab./FJD 3.

I received it and after a primary examination, I decided to send it back because I thought that the photo has been recently stapled on purpose by somebody. The rest of the SB was OK and it was just a HQ Hptmn. from a Flieger Regiment who finished the war in the HQ of the 3rd Fallschirm-Division.
    1) The primary photo was missing.
    2) The 2nd did not had any signature of the owner behind, under, over it.
    3) The Felpost Nr was approximatly something like 14799 (Stab./Pz.Abt.116).
    4) The rank of the owner was Hptmn. and the photo is showing him as an Oberleutnant.

I sent it back to the dealer who replied me that it was not possible for him to take it back.

I received it back today and I wondering if I was not to quick in my judgement.

Kurt Schulz was borned on 17.02.08 and by 1940, at 32, he was Oberleutnant. The SB is describing him as slim buildt, blond hair and an oval face.

From 06.11.42 to 09.11.44 he was in the Stab./Flg. Rgt. 22 which was located in France by 1944. After Normandy, the 3. FJD was
    reorganised with men from the Flieger Rgt. 22, 51 & 53. Until then everything is OK. By September 1944, the Division was located by Aachen.

On the 11st of September 1944 (VII. US-Corps Offensive), Hptmn. K. Schulz was injuried resulting a bombing and was sent the Lazarett in Julich. On the 11 October 1944 he get the Wound badge and on the 12 April 1945 he get the Erd. Abz. der LW.

What I am wondering know is if the photo has not been stapled from the HQ of the 116 Pz. Division as the Flg. Rgt. 22, the 3.FJD have been in the same sector from July to September 1944 ?

Jean-Yves Nasse

First I have real soldbuchs that has the photo changed over the years by his real owner in account of promotion or decorations so the ausence of the first photo is not a major point to determinate if the soldbuch is original or not. The ausence of the signature could be the result of changing the photo, but is a point to suspect. A totally bizarre feldpost is the major proof of being a fake as soldbuch were controled to company level, you can find a lazarett feldpost or a replacement unit, but this is rare, a complete strange unit to the man is almost imposible. The rank of the photo doesn't matter as reflect the owner rank in the moment he was ordered to put the photo, I have officers soldbuch with photos of them in NCO uniform. If the only point is the bizarre feldpost I have a theory, some soldiers removed his photo after selling the Soldbuch, I have one from a GD obergefreiter who removed it before selling, I contacted his widow and he refused to send me pictures from his husband as he wanted to remain anonimous, perhaps someone find a photo of this man or a LW Oberleutnant and attached it with the first stamps he has on hand. Al the staples and rivets I see in soldbuch/wehrpass usally show more or less rust and this appears new. I'm not an expert in LW pieces as I collect Heer, but at least I say that in my opinion the photo has been added, nothing to say about the rest of the soldbuch.

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thank you Angel and Ian,

Both responses converged in the same way. I am also used to thoses kind of documents for a long time. The problem is that I always thought that the german military authorities were strict and tradionaly logical in the way of dealing with documents and I was recently very surprised to see the contrary. So now, as the document has been sent back to me, I am trying to find a relation with every entries in the Soldbuch before removing the photo.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X