Battle of Velletri 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of Velletri 1944

I don't think that little booklets (15.5 x 11 cm - 46 pages) like that are common.

It has been printed in Italy on the 15 Feb 1945 by the "Komet-Druckerei (mot)" for the birthday anniversary of Oberstlt. Erich TIMM who get the RK for the battle of Velettri (25.05.44 - 01.06.44).

It is a day by day battle-account of the men from the FJR 12. The Fallschirm-Jaeger-Sturm-Rgt (12) of FJR 12 faced the US offensive leaded by the 34.US ID.
    Does anybody know any any other printed booklets like this ?

Jean-Yves Nasse

Hi JY,

That is very interesting!! I have never seen anything like that..........in regards to being issued in honor of an officer. I do have a small Sturmregiment newsleaflet called "Der Komet" and also dated 1945. Also have a small pamphlet that was signed by Meindl, and is about the exploits of the Sturmregiment on Kreta. I assume you received this from a veteran. Those items are very unique......

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,

I did not get this book from a veteran. I also know two little booklets which have been made for Italian battles : Monterotondo 09.09.43 by Kriegsberichter Dr. Wolfgang Stocker and Das Bataillon der Duce-Befreier (Auszug aus der Hamburger Tageszeitung vom 2304.44) by Kriegsberichter Robert Schiffmann.
      Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X