Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum

New Forum, this is great.

How long will it be before the old marked unmarked APB controversey returns?

What was the consenses on those APB?
    or was it left inconclusive.
    Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Greg,

Thanks for the interest, but I think ( I hope ) we have already beaten that dead horse enough. Sometimes you need to agree to disagree and go on.

Looking forward to your participation in the new forum.

Eric

Comment

Ranger,

Well…er…you've just brought it up, haven't you? There never was any controversy. Some people didn't agree with what Eric Queen and I wrote in our article about the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres published elsewhere on this website.

A few of them sought to discredit us in various ways, one of which included claims that we had said all 2nd pattern prewar Army Parachutist Badges bearing a maker's mark were fakes. To summarise what was stated in the article to which you are, essentially, referring:

All the genuine prewar 1st pattern APBs in aluminium observed to date are maker-marked.

Most of the genuine prewar 2nd pattern APBs in aluminium observed to date are not maker-marked.

None of the genuine prewar 1st or 2nd pattern APBs in 800 silver observed to date are maker-marked.

None of the genuine 1943-issue feinzink APBs observed to date are maker-marked but can be identified as Juncker-made pieces because they were struck on the same set of dies as the prewar 2nd pattern aluminium APBs, some of which are maker-marked.

The article is quite clear on each of the above points. It is to be noted none of the people who tried to rubbish our findings could produce a genuine Army Parachutist Badge themselves. Or any evidence that they had ever studied the subject seriously.

Mind you, there was the individual who does have a genuine, worn and repaired example in his private collection which I offered to buy instead of the near-mint one he was offering for sale…which I never said was fake. I just wanted to buy the one I knew to be genuine. He refused my offer.

Anyway, let's forget it and move on to more interesting things, shall we?

Prosper Keating

Comment

Welcome back my friend
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

I am pleased to find this new Forum added. I think we will all learn something from this venture. Good luck and I will be looking forward to the disgussions.
          Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks for the support Bob. I appreciate it.
            Looking forward to your participation.

Eric

Comment

Eric, Prosper thanks for the explanation and the article written on the badge.

Sorry for kicking the dead horse.

In looking at the differences in the pre-39 and the 1943 and later Heer para Badge how can I distinguish between zink and aluminium, please bear with me my experince is limited. What is the weight of the different types.
              Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Zink is heavier than alumunium.

PK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X