• Show
Clear All

Let the bidding begin !!.........

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen View Post
      btw nice lot

Comment

Hurry up, hurry up! 10000 euro for me...! Who offers more?

Just...why don't you simply offer them on estand, or on ebay if you like auctions?

Comment

Documents

I have a simple answer, because I will not sell them here . Thats the reason.
          And by the way... eric you asked me for the brandenburg pictures. But you wont get them. thats a pity for you LOL . Now the belong to someone else.

Comment

OK, it would seem that you would like to discuss this matter here in public, so let's do that.

For what its worth, I would offer these words of advice to the collecting community. CAUTION: I would be very careful about ever dealing with this guy. In my opinion he cannot be trusted.

So, let's tell the story: He posts some BB photos here. I know he's a dealer so I ask if they will be for sale and if so this is what I would offer. I felt (and still feel) the offer was fair for 2 photos. He says he is going to take offers over the next few days. I said I am not interested in playing bidding games, you need to take my offer or not. He comes back and says he will sell for 1.5 times my original offer. It's (in my opinion) way too much, but since they are unique photos and I would like to use them in my upcoming FJ portrait book (with CM) I say OK. I sent payment and he accepted the payment and transfered it to his bank. The next day he says, now he feels he can get more and is opening it up to bidding again.
            After all of that it took me over a week to get my money back.

Anyone can do what they want, but my advise would be to say away from this guy.

Comment

OK, it would seem that you would like to discuss this matter here in public, so let's do that.

For what its worth, I would offer these words of advice to the collecting community. CAUTION: I would be very careful about ever dealing with this guy. In my opinion he cannot be trusted.

So, let's tell the story: He posts some BB photos here. I know he's a dealer so I ask if they will be for sale and if so this is what I would offer. I felt (and still feel) the offer was fair for 2 photos. He says he is going to take offers over the next few days. I said I am not interested in playing bidding games, you need to take my offer or not. He comes back and says he will sell for 1.5 times my original offer. It's (in my opinion) way too much, but since they are unique photos and I would like to use them in my upcoming FJ portrait book (with CM) I say OK. I sent payment and he accepted the payment and transfered it to his bank. The next day he says, now he feels he can get more and is opening it up to bidding again.
              After all of that it took me over a week to get my money back.

Anyone can do what they want, but my advise would be to say away from this guy.
              that is realy bad story Erick,and not fair game from this individual site

Comment

Fallschirmjägerphotos

Eric ,I was warned from other fallschirmjäger colletors in this forum, not to make any deals with you. And I can tell you that they are not "normal" collectors, that was "famous" collectors. And this is what I have done. They also told me you start to get angry and unfair if you dont get what you want.

By the way, eric, you was the first who offered me money, you offered me money a few minutes after my thread starts. You asked me to buy it, I dont ask you. So be fair and tell the truth.

so if you think it is not ok to sell items here ( if I dont sell on E stand) .. why do you asked me? I can tell you why... because you wanted to get these photos really..... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

And yes I paid me and I send him the money back. And yes it took a few days because that are the paypal rules.

Comment

This will be my last word on this subject. I am not going to go around and around about this. Every word I wrote is true, and you know it. Your first statement is horsesh1t. I would love to know who these "famous" collectors are. I deal all the time with most of the "famous" FJ collectors on this forum, with no issues.

Comment

Photos

Eric I will not tell you names. I dont make it your way.

The pics are sold to another collector, you have to accept it.

You was the first person who asked me about selling. that is the true. If you say its not true.. no problem I have your private mails.

You wrote me and made me an offer.... you made me an offer after my thread was 10 minutes in this forum. then you told me that I have to accept it NOW... otherwise you are not interested. A few people know your way to make pressure when you try to make business. and this is absolutly that what the other "famous" collector told me.. and by the way,.. you know the names.

look, I just shoed the Photos and the document group... you start to make trouble.. if you dont like me or my theads... no problem but why you answer on this threads? I think you are adult.

I am really sorry that the brandenburg pictures cant be in your new book, but the collector who got the pics, is a much better business partner than you. He is friedly.. and not only when I try to get someting.

Comment

Whoever "warns" you of dealing with Eric is definitely NOT a "famous" Fj collector now. I have been collecting FJ material for over a year and have dealt with them all, and not ONE of them has ever expressed any disfavor with either Eric's business sense or sense of fairness. I for one have put myself in unfortuante payment situations with Eric and have found him to be MORE than fair. You, sir, are exactly the kind of dealer who has sent us to sites such as these, prefering to deal with fellow collectors rather than dealing with con artists such as yourself who have no interest in historical preservation, but rather to line your own wallet. Sensible business aside, you had a deal which would have brought you not only profit, but furthermore an addition to a great book that has been in the works. Rather, you seek to gain money. Let this be an illustration of your true character, rather than turned around to attack a true, honest collector.

Comment

...and, in the most polite way, and without the aim to get any offence to you, still let me tell you that this way of "selling", here or not here, with "hidden advertisments", is really, really far from beeing clear. It's not a sale at sunlight, and it's not an auction. So what? No kids here, most of us are far over 18 (sadly...).

I also have asked you, like I think many more, if those unique Brandenburg pics where for sale, and your reply, if you remember, was that at that point you got a best offer for XXXX euro. "What do you offer?" was your last question...
                        Believe me, this is not a comment due to the disappointment of not having been able to get your beautiful pictures.

So now, let me disagree with your statement "..because I do not sell them here". That's not exactly the truth... Could be true or not, just depending on your own convenience.
                        I still look at you new finds with great interest, you always show nice stuff, and I learn a lot from seeing them. I would be very thankful to you for simply showing them, but would be more "sincere" if this would happen, as a chance, after the sale it's closed. Clearly knowing it's a hidden sale, out of any estand rule, and of any sense, IMHO, leave me a bitter taste in my mouth. Again, hope you get not offended.
                        Sincerely,
                        Daniele

Originally posted by U.Glock View Post
                        I have a simple answer, because I will not sell them here . Thats the reason.
                        And by the way... eric you asked me for the brandenburg pictures. But you wont get them. thats a pity for you LOL . Now the belong to someone else.

Comment

Pardon me but when did this discussion forum become an auction site?.

Many thanks Gareth

Comment

Documents

I had problems with Eric and he had problems with me. If you had no problems with him.. nice. I can tell you hundrets of people that have no problems with me. And of course the "famous" collectors are in this forum too, and they warned me to make any deal with him.

and remeber... normally its a thing between eric and me, maybe you know eric, but you dont know me, so who are you to write such things about me?

I showed an SS Lot documents and Fotos in the SS section today... can you imagine how many collectors wrote me today and asked me for sale?

That means that they ask me for sale... I dont ask them.. and I dont sell anymore in this forum, because a moderator told me the rules after I tried to sell the Brandenburg Fotos.

On the other hand... you all sell and buy things here in private.

You cant argue only in one direction. Everytime I show nice items I get really many private mails...

Normally, the people who will not get the items are the peplke who get angry first. But that is not my problem.

Comment

OFFTOPIC, but an indirect approach towards the thread creator:

I too was caught for a bit in that bidding war that night. I withdraw when my budget for the purchase was extended, but I guess they were sold for much more. Not my business anyway to comment that, the price was between the buyer and the seller.

What bugs me here, are some facts:

1. Why, after receiving the payment from Eric, the pics were not sent to the US ? In my opinion, once payment is received, there is no other alternative then sending the goods... Also, the fact that you received Eric's money proves the fact that you agreed to his terms. Despite the fact that you said he was very agressive in his approach (giving a deadline for his offer), you accepted his terms when you made the counteroffer, and aftwerwards received his money. In my commercial endeavors, when I do not agree to something, either I make an counteroffer, either I decline. The simple way out to not do business with Eric was a simple NO.

2. Also, why make it personal with someone, but do not disclose the facts 100 % ? When you're accusing someone indirectly of something, a 100 % credibility factor depends on a full disclosure.

3. Regarding to the accusations from all the members here - that this a covert sale add, the truth is in the middle. If you do not get a good offer for them from a member here, then it was just a presentation thread. If someone here makes you an offer you can't refuse, then this thread was indeed a sale add, indirectly or not.

4. I too, have dealt with Eric on various FJ items. From my personal experience with him, he is very fair and honest, you can negotiate the commercial terms (payment, freight, other various commercial terms), and also, once the deal is struck, he sticks to it 100 %.

Please do not take my answer as a bitter attack because I lost in the bidding war. It is just my opinion based upon my experience in international trading, and dealing with various collectors and dealers.

To get back on topic - nice group of documents and pictures.

Cheers,

Al

PS - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&postcount=19

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X