Thanks Willi.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Willi.....

Thanks Willi for helping me secure this beautiful Field Division Jacket.

Just a quick pic as I begin to prepare this trooper for battle. Please pardon the WH buckle, but I didn't have a Luftwaffe available. Notice the chalk line above the eagle used for sewing purposes.

I hope you guys enjoy my new acquisition. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.

Best,

Larry
    Last edited by Larry F.; 12-09-2007, 08:54 PM.

Birdie.....
    Last edited by Larry F.; 12-09-2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Great looking Jacket Larry. I think Gerd had an identically sewn eagle on his splinter smock. Congratulations !

Regards,
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
        Great looking Jacket Larry. I think Gerd had an identically sewn eagle on his splinter smock. Congratulations !

Regards,
        Steve
        Yes, 100% matching one! Congrats Larry

Comment

You are welcome Larry, I am glad you like it.

This is one of two identical jackets which just came from a veteran in Philadelphia. I saw them back in July. This one was only a fraction nicer than the first one, which quickly went to a dealer. The eagle was sewn with a different color of thread.

Larry, look under the collar in the back and you will note a different piece of watern pattern material was used. That is why the "finder" initially kept this one for himself.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Wow, now that is very cool! I love the Luft Field Division Jackets. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
            When you go home
            Tell them for us and say
            For your tomorrow
            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Nice one Larry,appears unissued.

Congrats,

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Larry... that is a GREAT display . well done

Comment

Congrats Larry nice untuched piece!! I can't find a beautiful one like this your, i hope to get one soon!

Comment

Wow..!

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                      You are welcome Larry, I am glad you like it.

This is one of two identical jackets which just came from a veteran in Philadelphia. I saw them back in July. This one was only a fraction nicer than the first one, which quickly went to a dealer. The eagle was sewn with a different color of thread.

Larry, look under the collar in the back and you will note a different piece of watern pattern material was used. That is why the "finder" initially kept this one for himself.
                      larry and willi,is this tan and water,or is it marsh patern camo,looks like marsh to me,but i could be wrong.
                      hey willi, i wonder what collection the other one ended up in,its probably sitting next to a killer tan and green spot camo para pot, and a nice early para badge that was picked up at the max.
                      larry,that was nearly not yours,and i was being a tight ass, trying to knock the seller down on his price.
                      am i a shmuck or what.
                      let me know if you ever want to sell it,or trade for a really nice single decal army m42 with only one tongue missing in the liner, or a really nice minty gas mask and can,sorry,it has no straps,normski

Comment

Originally posted by findthehelmets View Post
                        larry and willi,is this tan and water,or is it marsh patern camo,looks like marsh to me,but i could be wrong.

,normski

Hi Norm,
                        The Yanks and Brits call it "tan/water", while the Europeans call it "Marsh". They are both the same. The only difference is that the early camos had sharp edges to the splinters, whilst the later versions were blurred.

How is going on sunny Jersey ?

Regards,
                        Steve

Comment

Hi Norm,
                          The Yanks and Brits call it "tan/water", while the Europeans call it "Marsh". They are both the same. The only difference is that the early camos had sharp edges to the splinters, whilst the later versions were blurred.

Regards,
                          Steve
                          Hey Steve,

Actually some late Sumpf smocks can be hard edged. Which pattern, hard or soft edged, is more about the maker than when it was produced.
                          Best,
                          John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                            Hey Steve,

Actually some late Sumpf smocks can be hard edged. Which pattern, hard or soft edged, is more about the maker than when it was produced.
                            Best,
                            John
                            As always, you are correct John !

Regards,
                            Steve

( P.S . Come on England ! Rugby world cup final)

Comment

tan and water

Hi Norm,

Regards,
                              Steve

hi steve, i thought that is what made the difference between, tan and water, and marsh.
                              i thought that the hard edge was called tan and water,and the dotted/blurd edge was marsh.
                              i must stop taking that LSD,woodstock has been over for donkeys years,i will have to start back on the Crack.
                              she will be back in 10 minutes.
                              norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X