Some News (wishing List 2007)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, Steve.
    what does the bag's plug serve for at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
      thanks, Steve.
      what does the bag's plug serve for at the end?

I think it plays the same role as the small plug that we are talking about. The small plug is just for storage of the filter when not being carried in the bag. When in the bag, the filter is placed sideways at the bottom for jumping. The plug holds the filter in place, with the flat side against the chest.
      Anyone else have a view ?

Regards,
      Steve
      Last edited by SMP; 10-18-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
        I think it plays the same role as the small plug that we are talking about. The small plug is just for storage of the filter when not being carried in the bag. When in the bag, the filter is placed sideways at the bottom for jumping. The plug holds the filter in place, with the flat side against the chest.
        Anyone else have a view ?

Regards,
        Steve
        Steve,

I was told that it was to keep water out of the filter, in case of wading through ditches, heavy rain, etc. The water would make the active coal in the filters useless.

Some great stuff there guys - I did not come further than a gravity knife en some books this year...... Oh well, maybe next one.....

Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Schneider View Post
          Steve,

I was told that it was to keep water out of the filter, in case of wading through ditches, heavy rain, etc. The water would make the active coal in the filters useless.

Frank.
          Hi Frank,
          You are correct. The primary function of both plugs is to prevent water damage to the filter. However, the plug in the bag is also to hold it in a safe position for jumping.

Regards,
          Steve

Comment

Steve and Frank, I believe you both are correct; consider a jump in the rain.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

thanks ,Steve and Franck, you're both right .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X