Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ medic bag

Greetings!

Would anyone have info. on the contents of the FJ medic bag? Were the items the same as the medics pouches (pre 1942), or the medic shoulder bags issued after 1942? Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

look here:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=155804

do you have found one ?

Comment

Nope, haven't found one as yet. It would be the crowning piece to my FJ medic display. It is one of those items I would pay nearly any amount to own. My main question is how does the FJ bag compare to the medic pouches in the items carried. From the thread you provided, and from my own previous research, the items carried in the "known" bags appear to be different. The bag presented by Raoul appears to match most of the items in the medic pouches; this is possibly an unissued bag. In contrast, the bag Chris presented appears to more of a "field" bag, something that had been in use, and had the original items supplemented with additional, and/or replacement items. I have yet to find supply orders/regulations regarding these bags, so in turn this means I have not been able to find an inventory list of sorts. They say "the devil is in the details", and that is what I enjoy about this hobby (obsession?). Thanks for the thread.

Comment

Nearly any amount? I suspect you do not know how much these FJ medic bags can bring.

I too would love to see an inventory list. But, for now we can only go by what is in the untouched bags. Raoul's is about as mint and complete as they come. I also have a mint unissued bag that is only missing 1 item.

At the Max a friend picked up 2 mint and complete '42 dated leather medic's pouches. They had everything in it.

I also saw a mint complete Verbandkasten at the show.

The FJ kit had more similarities with the leather pouches than the vehicle kit. Fascinating topic with much we still do not know.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X