No announcement yet.

So Willi, how was the MAX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes! I know who you mean. When I confront him he turns his back on me. I tried to hit on his girl at a MAX show a few years back.
    Stev

Comment

I wonder if the MAX or SOS committees screen and refuse admission of dishonest dealers like Pierre has mentioned or do they really care???

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
        I wonder if the MAX or SOS committees screen and refuse admission of dishonest dealers like Pierre has mentioned or do they really care???
        I was at the show for only 3-4 hours and was not scouring tables for fakes (especially FJ items) but I thought overall the number of fakes were down. As stated above I did not give a ton of attention to this but in past years there were a smattering of tables throughout the show w/blantant fakes and piles of them. I did see plenty of bad but I thought overall the amount was down.

I doubt if the MAX committee looks at anything besides the gate reciepts and the table fee checks.

Comment

At least you are supposed to get your money back if you discover (during the show) that you have bought a fake. If the dealer don't want to give your money back you have to report to the committee.

One of my friends from San Diego showed to me a really ugly fake gas mask bag he had just bought. After a "nice talk" with the dishonest dealer we managed to get his money back at the last MAX...

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by fknorr View Post

I doubt if the MAX committee looks at anything besides the gate reciepts and the table fee checks.
            When I attended the Max I always enjoyed the show greatly, the visiting with good collector friends, and always managed to find some nice treasure to bring home.

However, a friend of mine has always refered to the guys that run the Max as the "gold dust twins," meaning of course that their foremost interest is $. Were the Max committee to banish dealers with questionable militaria, the Max would be a much smaller show.

This is one of many reasons I prefer the SOS, tickets are cheaper, tables are cheaper, atmosphere is warm and friendly, show is larger.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
              . One pair of extremely overpriced brown jump boots....they didn't sell. .

What were they like, and how much were they ?

Regards,
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post

Regards,
                Steve
                A nice thread, 36 posts, 2 cats, no new items from Willi and Sir John still owes us a picture....

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post

Regards,
                  Steve
                  Don't laugh. I think it was 8 grands....

Pierre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X