Jump Smock question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump Smock question.

Hello, I was browsing the Axis History Factbook website last night and came across a color picture of Paratroopers in Narvik, the Sergeant is wearing the blue flieger tunic, one other guy is wearing a bluegrey hooded coverall and the others have on what appears to be bluegrey jump smocks of the step in type. My question is, did they really make bluegrey smocks or is the color just off in the picture? Any input would be most appreciated.

Hi, the early war jump smock was not blue-grey. It was a grey-green shade called "gruenmelliert". You can see an original here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=242680

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the link. That looks like its the same kind of smock, but its not that color. Maybe its some kind of cold weather garment rather than a jump smock but it sure looks like one. Or the color might just be off in the pic. Thanks.

Comment

That is a green smock.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Oh really? Well shoot, I was really hoping that was a real blue one, it looks so nice. Should have known it was just bad color on the pic though. Thanks a bunch for clearing that up for me. I would have looked real stupid hitting people up for a blue smock that didnt even exist.

Ashley

Comment

Hi Ashley,
            The picture comes from the war time book "Narvik im Bild", a great book dealing with the Narvik campaign and written by Gerd Böttger, a German "Kriegsberichter", in 1941. The photo shows Fallschirmjäger from 1./FJR 1 on Björnfjell, near the Sweden-Norway border.
            Regards. Óscar

Comment

That sounds like a really interesting book. Is it printed in english? I would love to find a copy to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Alston View Post
                That sounds like a really interesting book. Is it printed in english? I would love to find a copy to check out.
                No, it isn´t. Since it´s a wartime book it´s only in German. You can get it from some antiquarian bookshops. As for the price, around 30-40 €. Regards.
                Óscar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X