1. Fallschirmjäger-Division Erholungsheim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Fallschirmjäger-Division Erholungsheim

Was the Erholungsheim (rest home) of 1. FJD in San Martino die castrozza?
    HAs anyone more informations about this rest home?

daflocki007

I previously posted alot of photos from a photo album I have that covers only the FJ Rest home. One of the photos has the large sign of the 1st FJ Div Erholungsheim. You can view these photos on my new FJ photos in town thread. I was told that this sign was now in a army museum in Canada. As far a detailed information about the rest home itself...I cannot help you there. Bill

Here is the thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=99456&page=7
    Last edited by W Petz; 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daflocki007 View Post
      Was the Erholungsheim (rest home) of 1. FJD in San Martino die castrozza?
      HAs anyone more informations about this rest home?

daflocki007

Hi daflock
      Yes, in S.Martino di Castrozza was a Feldlazarett and Rest Home of 1.FJD during the last months of war. You can find more informations on the Rudolf Adler book "Der verlorene Haufen - Erinnerungen eines Fallschirmjägers" (Eigenverlag, 2004). I write here a little piece of his biography (unfortunately only in German):
      "Mai 1945: Rudolf Adler befindet sich in der Lazarettstadt San Martino, wo er den Krankenbetrieb unterstützt und auch als O.v.D. eingesetzt ist. Die Amerikaner nehmen kampflos den Ort und verlegen die Gefangenen nach Meran. Im August 1945 wird Adler aus der Gefangenschaft entlassen und kehrt zurück auf seinen elterlichen Bauernhof nach Oberschwaben. Zwei seiner Brüder fielen im Krieg (Smolensk und Invasionsfront).

Below you can see a picture of my friend Franz Kaupa (Passed away ten years ago), a member of 1.FJD that fought in Russia and Cassino.
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X