LW wrap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW wrap question

Hey Guys, I'm trying to find a reference to the Luftwaffe blue gray hbt panzer uniform, like the one that came with DML's 1/6 figure "Werner Bloch"(see attached images). I remember a lot of comments made when it was released that this uniform did not actually exist. And I've been frustrated in my attempts to find any photos or color plates of it. Can anyone help me out with this?

Last edited by wallonien; 09-27-2007, 04:00 PM.

The items shown on the pics are 100% fake... (or you can call them a reproduction of an uniform that never IMO existed...)

I do know that they had normal Heer HBT wraps with Luftwaffe insignia...

Comment

I have a book on the Herman Goring division that mentions a blue grey SP gun wrapper. It doesnt mention a HBT version, but said some where made of blue luftwaffe wool, and some where just army field grey models dyed blue. The wrapper was not a common variety and was generally seen only in division HG, and then only rarely. Its probably along the same lines as the luftwaffe MP gorget. HG got the majority of them due to the exclusive nature of them being Gorings prize unit, and I assume he wanted his personal unit to have all the glitsy "bling bling".

Both color plates showing the wrapper appeared to be standard army pattern in cut, with no breast pocket and SP gun pants with no pocket on the thigh. Only difference being the HG division insignia and the blue color.

That being said, I have never seen a real example, and the color plates in the book are the only images I have ever layed eyes on of a blue wrapper. It sure looks nice though, I hope they exist.

Comment

That´s an old Mystery!

I only know fielgray wrappers, worn by members of StuG Abt. "HG", LW-Feddivision (Stug Abt.) and Fsch.StuG. Brigaden XI & XII.

Maybe someone has an blugrey one in his collection?

Originally posted by A.Alston View Post
        I have a book on the Herman Goring division that mentions a blue grey SP gun wrapper. It doesnt mention a HBT version, but said some where made of blue luftwaffe wool, and some where just army field grey models dyed blue. The wrapper was not a common variety and was generally seen only in division HG, and then only rarely. Its probably along the same lines as the luftwaffe MP gorget. HG got the majority of them due to the exclusive nature of them being Gorings prize unit, and I assume he wanted his personal unit to have all the glitsy "bling bling".

Both color plates showing the wrapper appeared to be standard army pattern in cut, with no breast pocket and SP gun pants with no pocket on the thigh. Only difference being the HG division insignia and the blue color.

That being said, I have never seen a real example, and the color plates in the book are the only images I have ever layed eyes on of a blue wrapper. It sure looks nice though, I hope they exist.
        Last edited by FS154; 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X