Fallschirmjäger items in use after 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger items in use after 1945

My father with me in his arms in 1962 - notice the pants and boots - it took a few years to wear them out.

Amazing!

Originally posted by naxos View Post
    My father with me in his arms in 1962 - notice the pants and boots - it took a few years to wear them out.

Comment

Hello,

Nice picture

Quite normal imo, the post war world wasn't the through away society of now.
      In my collection I once had a Belgian leather tankers jacket that was used by the vet well in to the 1960's; a friend of me had a German leather fighter pilot jacket, this jacket was adapted for civil use and the former fighter pilot also used it as a motorcycle jacket until the 1960's.
      My family wore winter clothing made from old army blankets in 1945-46.
      Shoes were a rare commodity in Europe just after the war so old army shoes were worn by vets,....etc.
      I'am sure there are plenty more examples of civilian use for old army equipment post war.

Cheers,
      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post

If he then only could realise that he was wearing 10000 euro worth stuff, beautiful picture.

Comment

at the time I think just the fact of having shoes was conforting enough!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X