Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Para Smock

Dear All,

I have just got my "dream" smock, a splinter one. As I am not in the situation to add items to my collection, I am considering to let my green one go. Before making a final decision I would like to post pics of it here for your opinions. Exactly what type of smock is this?

Thanks and best regards,

Albert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Albert; 09-22-2007, 03:21 PM.

Front:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Albert; 09-22-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Front detail; both zippers were removed. The flaps are a different shade of "gruenmelliert":
      Attached Files

Comment

Front detail 2:
        Attached Files

Comment

Back:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Albert,
            It is a M38 smock that has been modified by adding pockets and opening it up like a M42 button down smock.

Are there any markings on the inside of the pockets, smock side on the left breast?
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Inside:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                Hi Albert,
                It is a M38 smock that has been modified by adding pockets and opening it up like a M42 button down smock.

Are there any markings on the inside of the pockets, smock side on the left breast?
                Hi Willi,

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure what the deal was with the "strange" pocket flaps. Unfortunately, I can't see any readable markings.

BTW, here is the reason for my "headache". A nearly perfect, yes, the bird again, splinter smock straight from the vet via a good friend of mine. Speaking of the bird, there is absolutely no sign of one having ever been there...

Best regards,

Albert
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Albert; 09-22-2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Very nice smocks Albert . BTW there is a green eagle for sale on a dealer's site that might suit your needs.
                  Please can we see a close-up of the green material of the 1st smock ?

Regards,
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                    Very nice smocks Albert . BTW there is a green eagle for sale on a dealer's site that might suit your needs.
                    Please can we see a close-up of the green material of the 1st smock ?

Regards,
                    Steve
                    Thanks Steve,
                    Not sure I'd want to restore them... But I must admit that the idea is tempting.
                    There are three shades of gruenmelliert. Hope the photo is ok
                    BR,
                    Albert
                    Attached Files

Comment

Excellent photo Albert. Thanks very much !

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        Thanks Steve,
                        Not sure I'd want to restore them... But I must admit that the idea is tempting.
                        There are three shades of gruenmelliert. Hope the photo is ok
                        BR,
                        Albert
                        Hi

I like to know if Frequently you see this color (identical to the police) for green smocks ?

Best regards

Comment

Look great

Albert those 2 smocks for shure look like the real thing just looking at them not that im an expert in smocks,and the eagle for the camo smock is where?.A original would be great but i could not afford it and a copy of a WW2 splinter camo one would be fine for me.
                          Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 09-28-2007, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X