Modified step in smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one like yours some years ago.
    But it was cut like a Felddivison jacket.
    Nice one Michel.

Comment

Very nice smock !

Welcome to the forum Michel…

Comment

Superb smock Michel! Thanks for sharing it with us. Will it have a new home in your museum?

This variation also existed in green. Both variations are very unique.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by DMC View Post
          No particular story behind it. According to the Swiss guy who brought it in, it was found 25 years ago in Switzerland in the attic of a deceased old man. But you know, stories are only stories ; if you're not there to verify them....
          that is very interesting,

Comment

Very nice.First I've ever seen. Now all the LW flight suits will suddenly be turned into para smocks . WR Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
              This variation also existed in green. Both variations are very unique.

Do you mean "Grünmeliert", Willi? Or another green variation?

Maybee its time to raise the question, how many variations of the M38 / M40 step-in smock exist?

Comment

That sounds like a very interesting thread Patrick.
                Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                Do you mean "Grünmeliert", Willi? Or another green variation?

Maybee its time to raise the question, how many variations of the M38 / M40 step-in smock exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                  That sounds like a very interesting thread Patrick.
                  Indeed, Ben. I know of 5 different materials used for step-ins. I wonder if there are any more I dont know (yet).

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                    If you read this very old thread you will see that Eric Queen already tried to list them. Perhaps you can use this as the basis for a new one.
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light+material

Photos would be better !

Regards,
                    Steve

Comment

Willi,

Well, I don't know yet if it will have a home in the museum! DMC Museum is about the 6 FJR in Normandy.
                      This smock is a little too early. I don't think too many of these were used in Normandy especially with the ranks on the sleeves. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am open to trade for FJ items from the Normandy (Carentan) period.

Michel

Comment

Michel, I think this one is fine for a Normandy look. I am sure we could find some photos of step-ins still in use during that campaign, especially a converted M40. Can't say for sure I have seen FJR6 guys in Normandy, but certainly 3rd and 5th FJD troops, and also common in Holland 1944 as the jump schools were being closed and early smocks and helmets were reissued. No problem on the rank insignia either. Not as common in 1944 as it was in 1941, but still seen.

Patrick, yes in GM as well, but the 2-color thread style, instead of the usual 3-color thread. I have an early eagle sewn to a piece of smock and have seen smocks as well. I have them well-photographed.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X