Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later war chin straps

Hello to all!
    I got this one few time ago, the guy who found it had two that has found them in a fleamarket in the centre Italy! Personally i'm very confused, it looks good but i'm not really sure It seems to much nice to have this one for few EUROS! The buckle looks a bit diffrent from that standart 43/44 but not to much, can i have a chance here?? I'd like to know your thoughts
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I Have Never Seen This Kind Of Chinstrap But It Seems To Be Ok.
                  Is It Black Leather ?

Regards
                  Xavier

Comment

Anthony, I would need to see some brighter photos before I can tell for sure.

But, so far I have a big concern over the use of aluminum grommets on what should be very late straps. To date, I have only seen the zinc grommets being used on this style.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sorry, but I don't like it. The buckle is wrong, the leather looks new, and the grommets are aluminium not steel. I may be wrong of course. Let's see what others say.

Regards,
                      Steve

Comment

M38 straps

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                        Sorry, but I don't like it. The buckle is wrong, the leather looks new, and the grommets are aluminium not steel. I may be wrong of course. Let's see what others say.

Regards,
                        Steve
                        I think you have nailed it Steve. I agree with all of the observations you and Willi have made. I also don't much like the stitching. Weren't the straps with the late war buckles usually light gray in color? I'd vote against this one.

Regards,
                        Terry

Comment

I agree with Steve the leather is to good a quality, the late war straps are made of inferior leather.

Gareth

Comment

Guys
                            thanks for yours imput, this straps are not easy to judging to first sight! Do you mean that a mix of grommets as Willi stated are wrong for this period? We seen many time helmets later war with these features, bolts, liners, and straps as well! Its logical that this one is unused, and its colors light grey is still bright, but belive me i never seen a repro (if so) well done like this one! In the buckle i have to admit, there is a littel diffrent from those often incontred, but surely it is a buckle time war period! Or not??

Comment

Hi I dont like them at all .The late ones i know are different. Especially the colour and "shape "of the leather is different .The condition of the buckle does not correspond with the leather and the grommets(different metal). For me its a clear red flag.
                              Last edited by Maus; 09-16-2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X