Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Böhmler´s "Fallschirmjäger" Book - how rare is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Böhmler´s "Fallschirmjäger" Book - how rare is it?

Ahoy

You won´t belive it - I found a very decent copy of the book "Fallschirmjäger" written by Knight´s Cross holder Rudolf Böhmler. Yes, FOUND. In a waste container for paper.

Now, I can see it is an original issue from 1961 or ´62. The original bill is still in it, they first buyer apparently got it for a discount price available for members of the Fallschirmjägerbund (para vet organisation).

The cover has some normal age signs - "patina" so to say, but no defects or spots. The inside pages are brilliant. No spots, no defects. I am tempted to say that it´s like new on the inside.

Now, I am an eager researcher of my family´s military history, but I do not collect Fallschirmjäger items. Anybody here got a clue how rare this book is? I saw 2 copies on amazon (used) for about 89 Euros.

Is it worth that much?

(btw, no way of uploading pics here? Don´t have webspace...)

Hi, this is an interesting book, but not the rarest one. It could be worth in the $50-60 range. Below my copy.
    Regards,
    Edgar
    Attached Files

Comment

Great Find!! Nothing better than finding something for free!! I paid a whopping 75 Pfennigs for mine at a German Flea market. Here is a scan of mine. Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Me too! Me too! Taken on ebay one year ago for 35 euro...
        Attached Files

Comment

Please note the 2d edition/reprint of 1971. This might affect the demand (and therefore the price) of the original edition:

BOHMLER, Rudolf. Fallschirmjäger. Dorheim: Hans-Henning Podzun, Neubearb. Aufl., 1971. 280p.

--BHS1956

Comment

The 1971 and 1961 editions. I also have the one he wrote on Monte Cassino.
            Attached Files
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X