BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FJ Officer with odd pin on M41 trop hat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, indeed a very interesting one (even if I dind´t saw all the pictures inside, inclusive those with the TKs)...beside the price
    ...a ridiculous one (when it was offered to me anyway)

Olt. Wagner was a brave officer that leaded an assault company in the fights for Deir el Munassib.

Originally posted by Rick White View Post
    On our next update we will be offering a photo album of a FJ officer who served in 7./Fallschirm Sturm Pionier Komp (Kampfgruppe Burckhardt) in Africa. There are many photos of this unit wearing SS TK's on their caps while in El Alamein prior to their capture. It appears it was an insignia of this unit but up to what level, it is not clear. Very interesting images, very eye-opening when I first saw them!

Rick

P.S. The Komp Cdr. was Helmut WAGNER (RK Winner - Kreta) who was also a pilot and can be seen in the album wearing pilot's badge, RK and no FJ badge...the photo looks kind of like him...he was KIA on June 7, 1944 in Normandy

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
      Penguin detail. Thanks to the owner!
      Fantastic cap and insigna!!! Is possible see it in front?

Complimets to the owner!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
        I wonder if they found it amusing that a non jump qualified officer was marching them especially if he was a pilot .
        Did not understand your point when you posted this Shaun. Many pilots became Fj as the Luftwaffe lost planes. I knew a few personally, all good soldiers, and as officers, good leaders.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

...you must be mistaken, I have never offered it for sale

Rick

Comment

indeed not you, I never said the converse. But the previous owner.

Originally posted by Rick White View Post
            ...you must be mistaken, I have never offered it for sale

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
              Did not understand your point when you posted this Shaun. Many pilots became Fj as the Luftwaffe lost planes. I knew a few personally, all good soldiers, and as officers, good leaders.
              No worries John ! many of my mates are pilots !! so I was just having a friendly dig at them ! The joke was that they could never drop us in the correct spot !
              We both wear wings so it customary for us to give each other a hard time !

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
                No worries John ! many of my mates are pilots !! so I was just having a friendly dig at them ! The joke was that they could never drop us in the correct spot !
                We both wear wings so it customary for us to give each other a hard time !
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Great photo albums for sale.
                  Perhaps the mystery of Totenkopf cap insignia is solved now!?
                  (Kampfgruppe Burckhardt)
                  http://historical-media.com/id101.htm

Comment

I am surprised? that there is no comment on the album!
                    both names and what fallschirmjäger group who used the Totenkopf cap insignia.
                    I wish I had money to buy the album.

Best Jack.

Comment

Here is one comment: that guy really knows how to put a price label!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X