Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FALLSCH DOG TAG "LA COURTINE" Battle of the Bulge

Hello everybody,

Can someone out there give me some information about a german dog tag, which was recently found at MARTELANGE ( 10 miles south of Bastogne in Belgium ) bearing the marking FALLSCH. WAFFENSCH. LA COURTINE the Stammrollennummer is 60.

This soldier was KIA as only the lower half of the dog tag was found... and NOTHING else except a few cartridges and a key.

From where the dog tag comes from , it belonged either to a member of Fallsch. regt 14. or 15.

It is my understanding that the german had a training camp in LA COURTINE, France.... but any additional information would be more than welcome, because we feel that this is somekind of an exceptional find.

because the chances are high that this soldier was killed and got a decent buria, would the WAST agree to tell me where he is buried you think ?

my email is : weir at skynet dot be

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards to all,

Pierre

Bastogne, Belgium

My understanding that pretty much no identiication tags had unit markings as such i.e. ALLSCH. WAFFENSCH. LA they would have had numerical markings only! But I'm not 100% sure on this so I would hope a more experienced member will advise!

Thanks Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X