Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Rgt 1 Cuff title

Hallo

Could I ask for your opinion on the CT. You can see that it has been attached to a Tunic or something.

Thanks

ACE
    Attached Files

back:
    Attached Files

Comment

and how about the dog tag?
      Attached Files

Comment

Ct

ACE,
        At first glance, the letter style and construction isn't what you would find on an original. Do you have close-ups of the lettering?

John

Comment

Hi John

I am sorry this is the best I can do!!! Can it be ok eventhough that it isn´t a "textbook" eksp.??

ACE

Comment

Ct

ACE,

Well, there are several known "textbook" variants of the FJR1 cuff title, and this doesn't fit any of them. Additionally, all FJ cuff titles that I've seen or own have certain characteristics to the lettering/numbering. This cuff title doesn't match; bottom of the "F" shooting straight back at a 90 degree angle, a foot on the number 1 are not on known original cuff titles.

Anything is possible, but this cuff already has too many red flags for me. That's why a closer shot of the wool band, lettering, and backing would help.

John

Comment

John is correct to have reservations. The title is a known reproduction. This style repro has been around for a long time, so many exhibit age.
              Regards,
              John
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

thanks for all your help - what do you think about the dog tag??

Comment

I have to agree. That "F" is really odd. Very little variation on the letters with most cuff title variants. It is usually other factors that are different.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The funny part is that it came out of the estate from an former FJ in Germany together with the badge and so on...

Comment

Perhaps this is a post-war veteran's organization cuff title. Check the FJR9 cufftitle which was just added on the "why are sleeve bands dead" thread. I note some lettering similiarities.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I think it is very difficult - according to the estate where it came from it was still attach ti a piece of uniform clothing! It seems that there is as mush opioions as collectors (whats new).

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                          dog tag = 12./ Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 1

Comment

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ct

ACE,

Did the para (or his family) say when he aquired the cuff title? After all these years he may not remember, but it might help.

John mentioned this is a common reproduction. I honestly don't know; I'm basing my views on known originals I've seen. John has been clued in to the fakes (and collecting) longer than me. There might, might, be pre-1945 variations out there that have not been found. Again, anything is possible. I think we 'walked this dog' once before on the forum. Unfortunately (or fortunatley, however you look at it) there are certain variations that have been "accepted" by the collecting community. I understand that's frustrating to some, especially when they know without a doubt it came from a vet who aquired it pre-war (I think Eric Q. mentioned awhile ago he had a custom made Kreta cuff title from a vet). No matter what, the cool thing is it came directly from the para, even if it is a post-war vet reunion aquisition.
                              I will say this: I've seen examples with the same backing material that were pre-'45.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X