War & Peace 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War & Peace 2007

Did anyone spot the 4 x RZ20 Chutes at the War and Peace show - ranging from £500 to £1800 (metal container, bag and full chute/harness)! Even £500 was too much for me as I spent my cash on other stuff, but I suspect it was a bargain to be had!

Also the Heer 800 Silver & engraved Para badge that sold for £9000!

Also Two genuine smocks - one in 'Regimentals' and the other in another stall - £3800 and £3000 respectively!

And two genuine FJ Helmets in 'Regimentals' and hundreds of fakes virtually everywhere else! Even genuine repros were being sold for £200 in 'Soldier of Fortune'!!!

Great Items - bad weather but the usual WW2 renactments brightened up the day!

Anyone any comments on the show - I notice there is a huge amount coming in from the ex-Soviet block now!

Cheers Mike

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
    !
    ......Also Two genuine smocks - one in 'Regimentals' and the other in another stall - £3800 and £3000 respectively!
    Cheers Mike
    Hi Mike ,
    I saw the Regimentals splinter (no zips, no eagle), but what was the other one ?
    I saw a tan/water sell for £2200 ( no eagle/lots of repaired damage), a post-war cut down splinter ( no eagle/ 3 replaced zips) , and a slightly cut-down splinter (paint splattered , no eagle).
    As well as the two helmets you mentioned there were 4 original SDs, 1 original SD overpaint, and 2 original DDs. There may have been more, but a lot of dealing occurs away from the stalls.
    Also seen: 2 splinter bandoleers
    2 tan bandoleers
    2 pairs of gloves
    Lots of badges, plus a few cloth .
    3 FD jackets ( none with original eagles)
    Didn't see any boots/pads/gasmask bags/grenade bags/trousers/ drop canisters, or eagles !
    So, a bit disappointing compared to previous years ( even for Brit Airborne items)- but still a great event and a good chance to meet with other forum members.
    Didn't take any pictures, but here is the only thing I brought back that was FJ related.

Regards,
    Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

Lid:
      Attached Files

Comment

Regimetals offer real FJ helmets
        that was for sure rare on this show.........

Comment

Dear Besslein

IMO - Regimentals were selling 2 original FJ Helmets, however I looked at 4 from them... Also, to stick up for them, their stuff is pretty good in comparison to others albeit a bit on the pricey side!

Cheers Mike

Comment

Steve

Is that the box the chap from Holland wanted £1800 for the whole rig or a different one? I never even thought about offering cash for a split of items!!!

Cheers Mike

Comment

Mike ,
              The box is empty. I just liked it because it was in superb condition.
              Regards,
              Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,Good to see you at the show,always enjoy the chat and that is a nice Fallschirmbehalteryou picked up. I picked up a pair of wheels and tyres for a drop container, a set of mint RZ canopy risers complete with BA stamp,numerous rz16/20 deployment bags and a rz20 packtray,plus a load of other bits and pieces.I passed on a complete set of hardware for a RZ20,now i'm kicking myself
                I enjoyed the show despite all the mud,it was a bit of a pain trying to organise transport to get us down to the support car park with all our FJ kit and new purchases but i was off site and on my way home by 1pm.
                Cheers
                Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X