Arabische Fallschirmjäger Einheit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arabische Fallschirmjäger Einheit

Unfortunately it will mainly interest the french speaking members of this forum: In the last "Gazette des Uniformes" issue n°253 July/August 2007 there is a very interesting article on the "Arabische Fallschirmjäger Einheit", arabian paratrooper unit which was created in the beginning of 1943. I had never heard about this unit before. There are some great pictures I had never seen before on which you see arabs wearing Luftwaffe tropical uniforms, FJ helmets and green jump smocks . It is true I didn't have too many beers today...

What a good surprise in the kind of magazine where you usually read for the 20th time an article on the german infantry man, the paratroopers in Normandy,....etc .

I remember reading an Fj veterans recollections and he mentioned being at one of the parachute schools and seeing these men being trained. I have never been able to find any info to support this. They were apparantly supposed to be used to drop behind Allied lines in the middle east to raise terrorist activities amongst the local populations.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X