Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Badge - Cloth - Padded

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd post some pics of a recent acquisition - a padded Para Badge in cloth.

As you can see it has some wear to the obverse: presumably a result of the padding pushing the centre of the badge out, causing it to rub more easily.

On the subject of the padding, can I ask who would have done this? Would it have been the Para himself prior to attaching the badge?

Thanks for looking.

All the best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

Reverse;
    Attached Files

Comment

hello Toby,
      i don't like this cloth para badge, i have issues with it,so i'll give it the ,but wait to see what the others say, i may be wrong.
      Cheers
      Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask what you don't like about it?

I should mention that the photo was taken with a flash so the colours look a little bright. Also, no reaction to UV.

Best regards,
        Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby,
          I don't like the eye,the fletching or the acorns to the wreath,but like i said i may be wrong .
          Cheers
          Bob

Comment

You might not be Bob!

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Best,
            Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby!

That one is sitting there where it is (German auction) for a long, long time...........guess why

Comment

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your reply. Although this one is sitting here with me, via the States, so I suspect isn't the one you are referring to. Not that I am questioning your thoughts on its authenticity. I presume.

Best,
                Toby.

Comment

.....that´s the thing with ex-collectors....I´m not up to date thought.

Ok, but I´m flexible

So a here different start, but the same outcome!

That one was (very same badge!) on the German auction webside - Militaria.de - for a longer time, sellers name Eifler. Someone bought it and now you got it. Globalisation.....

I don´t like the style and the padding. Original padded ones are rare and all of them (I know) have a different style of eagle and backing.

Originally posted by TobyR View Post
                  Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your reply. Although this one is sitting here with me, via the States, so I suspect isn't the one you are referring to. Not that I am questioning your thoughts on its authenticity. I presume.

Best,
                  Toby.

Comment

My first impression is that the details of the eagle are very sloppy. More later....
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Gerd and Willi - many thanks for the comments on this.

Best,
                      Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X