Another Fj cloth badge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Fj cloth badge...

Ok guys, surely not one of my strongpoints...Could I rely on your help for a fast decision? Please do not call call me lazy...just in this moment your advice will be much faster than my researches on past threads...
    Thanks!
    Daniele
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

IMO

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Ciao Daniele,
          Looks a good mint example to me too Superb Eagle head,just the type i like
          Ciao
          Roberto

Comment

Ciao Danielle,

Have never encountered this style directly associated to German or US veterans. I differ in opinion.
            Best,
            John
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

AND PROBLEMS ARE BEGINING ......

Comment

Seems to get more tricky...
                I cannot give any help, as said that's not one of my strongpoint for sure. For what is worth, this will come in a trade, and has been quoted to me really a symbolic value. Not meaning much, I know...So, I was curious if I made a bargain, or simply paied the right price of a good copy!

Ok, 2-1 by now...let's see if we all can learn more. Here or via PM, if ... wiser.

Comment

Amico,

I am not saying it is not good, but I would not want it in my collection. It's reverse is like the reproductions. I prefer this.
                  Ciao
                  Attached Files
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

IMO Danielle******180;s badge is an pre-1945 item. Late war example but period item. Of course I prefeer the reverse shown by John but in Spain we say "when there aren******180;t cakes, bread is ok".

Comment

Ciao Daniele,how Jhon saied the reverse is not like most originals,in doubt not for me.
                      Ciao
                      Carlo

Comment

By the way, is the fabric wool or felt?

Comment

This white bobbin thread fools many collectors.... especially when it comes to US SSI..... many insist on seeing it but it has more to do with the manufacturing process then originality of the piece.

Comment

Badge

We covered this type of badge in detail in another thread. I think it was Gerd who brought up the details of this type of badge compared to known reproductions. I could be wrong; Gerd, where are you!?!

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnC View Post
                              We covered this type of badge in detail in another thread. I think it was Gerd who brought up the details of this type of badge compared to known reproductions. I could be wrong; Gerd, where are you!?!

John
                              I'm here John!

I already told Dan, that I like his new badge

But!

I'm with our Mod John, that I would prefer to own the other style in a collection. A question of personal taste.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X