SMF RBNo. Gravity Take down Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMF RBNo. Gravity Take down Knife?

Hi; I picked up this one a while back. It has never been used or sharpened. Any idea how rare they are? I've had 50 of the early non take down ones to a take down. Is this very valuable? Thanks Doug
    Attached Files

Doug

The late war 'type II' (take down), flyers knife is more valuable than the earlier Type I (non-take down), version. this is because the type I was made in much greater numbers.

It is a Paul Weyersberg knife (from what I can see!) and has the correct, blueing, arrow and RB Nr.

As to value you need to show pictures of the rest of knife. These knives go for approx £170 to £450 ($340 to $900) depending on condition.

Please post many more pictures! I love these knives!!!

Thanks Mike

Comment

Paul W. Huh?

Here is another pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Have the RBNos been doped out yet?

I heard that this one was SMF but I don't know for sure. I'm to cheap to buy the book. I saw one though that called this one SMF. Never seen the double edged one in 45 years of collecting this stuff. Must be like chicken lips. Doug
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Douglas Kerley; 06-17-2007, 04:26 PM. Reason: had a second thought

Comment

Doug

Its a PW not an SMF, the RB Nr and the type of arrow tell you this, looks ok from the pics why not post some of it 'taken down' and lets have a look at the inside!

The double edged or 'dagger' knife is around I've seen them on one or two websites but not for sale!! At a military fair someone told me the name of the chap who was selling one but once I got to him it was sold. Now that is a valuable knife!!

Mike

Comment

Fallschrimjäger knife with lanyard

Today I bought this knife from the son of a soldier who was in the 80th Inf. Div., and was killed in Louxembourg in 1945. This knife and an Eickhorn officer's dagger were given to him as a young boy, by his uncle, as the uncle knew the boy's father was not going to be coming home with any war booty to give him. He has kept the two pieces since he was a young boy, but finally decided to sell them.
            His uncle told him the knife was taken from the dead body of a German paratrooper which he helped cut down from a tree, but he can't remember where the uncle told him it was.
            Attached Files
            Don Bible

Comment

Paratrooper knife

The knife has a leather lanyard and is a Weyersburg marked knife.
              Attached Files
              Don Bible

Comment

Gravity knife

Hallo guys !

Can somebody help me with posting the gravity knife i have bean offerd recently and i am thinking to buy it ?

I woud also like to hear your onest opinion abouth the gravity dagger !

Matthias

Comment

Matthias

If you are a member you can post pictures (I will be joining soon once I feel I've been offered enough free help ). If you are not a member you can still post pictures but need to use another site to host them. So go to photobucket.com (or similar), sign up, load up your picture to there, copy the link (its easy) and then paste the link in the forum using the the little yellow box which looks like a mountain!

p.s. there are other benefits to joining like listing on eStand and members area's etc!!

What do you want to know about the dagger other than its very rare, was probably issued for field testing and possibly 900 to 1000 were made?

Thanks Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X