Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

items from Maleme Crete

Hi,
    You may think this is the wrong section but i believe these items are para related,
    i found these 3 items on Crete approx 15 years ago,they were located on the airfield side of the bridge that was attacked at Maleme, this was before you got arrested on greek airfields anyway they did not see me.
    The 88 shell case was semi buried in the sand and was very bright no doubt kept that way by sea and sand,the smaller shell case was about 100 yards away but not sure if it's connected with the battle as not sure of vintage,
    the most interesting part is the piece of alloy it was picked up from the sand there was also other parts wood etc. i have always thought it was a piece of plane frame or even from a glider
    i do have some photo's that i took of the items on site to back it up and also of some other items that i left that you para guys would like,i will get the photo's out.
    the area at that time had just had a fire enabling one to see the ground which is usually over grouwn.
    Merdock
    Attached Files
    Last edited by merdock; 05-06-2003, 02:35 PM.

alloy piece,
    Attached Files

Comment

another view
      Attached Files

Comment

shell case markings.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X