Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Waffenfarb

Sorry if this has been asked before -

Did the FJ use all of the waffenfarb as Heer for medical, feldgendarm, pioneer, etc. or were they predominately flight with only a few others?

Thanks!

2.FJD

FJ Division Formations

There is photographic evidence that Fallschirm Division troops, at least some, retained their branch specific waffenfarb while assigned to FJ units. I have a photo group to a Sani with dark blue collar tabs and the FJD cuff title.

As for flak, signal, etc., I'm not sure you can tell from black and white photos, and I think most of conversations on the forum have been along the lines of "could have happened, but probably not". Someone might have a photo or more info on those FJ sections. But I think most of them sported the yellow waffenfarb.

John

Comment

I've posted this pic before but here's a guy who might be Pionier. I don't think his collar tabs, shoulder boards, collar piping or visor piping are orange-yellow:
      Attached Files
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Seen that too

Gene,
        I've seen that photo before and remember discussing it somewhere as well. I thought that the guy in the photo was working as a laison or something at the Air Ministry in Berlin, hence the black tabs and piping? I could be wrong, but I thought someone brought that up in a discussion awhile back.

He's definately no wearing yellow, although JohnB has shown some photos where yellow tabs look very dark. Still, I think your photo shows a much darker color.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnC View Post
          Gene,
          I've seen that photo before and remember discussing it somewhere as well. I thought that the guy in the photo was working as a laison or something at the Air Ministry in Berlin, hence the black tabs and piping? I could be wrong, but I thought someone brought that up in a discussion awhile back.
          John
          If that were the case, would he not have the RLM cyphers?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X