FJ Reenactor photos on Ebay????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Reenactor photos on Ebay????

I was doing my usual search of Ebay for FJ photos when I came across a set of photos despicting FJ Regt 3. The set of photos being offered for sale as originals just don't look right. What do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5805&rd=1&rd=1

Hi,
    FJR3? a side car wih Ramcke brigade insignia? and jeep behind? wow what a nice WWII era photo!!!

Herlé

Comment

Wow, not bad even a M38A1 jeep in the background. So these para members actually are fighting against US forces from the 60s. I always knew that the Germans had time machines...

Comment

lol

reminds me of the quote "everything Nazi is fake".

Comment

Hello,

I already made this comment in another thread on this forum but I w'll give it again.
          If those reenactors put more effort in there posing it is going to be mighty difficult to detect friend from foe.
          It worries me!
          On ebay you can not touch the photographicpaper, you have to work with the image only.

Cheers,
          Peter

Comment

There is another series of photos of Ramcke marked vehicles that are also staged of recent reenacting photos. These photos try to recreate an authentic desert environment but fail. They were posted here a year or two ago (as authentic) and when replies were skeptical no other comment or posts were made. Someone out there is very devious! Hope they get what they deserve!
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I saw these too and actually had them bookmarked for a bid... But something just didn't look right...

Comment

New photos

I think that was taken at Odessa New york!!! A couple other photos too!

Comment

Good news is that the seller responded to my email and said he has contacted the buyers that they are reenactor made photos and gave them the opportunity to cancel out. Joe is a great guy and I have bought photos from him on many occasions.

Comment

John, I hope you are not referring to the ones that I posted a couple of years ago. Mine were Ramcke vehicle photos that I picked up at the SoS in 05'. I still keep them to remind me of buying fake photos..

Mike
                    Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                    There is another series of photos of Ramcke marked vehicles that are also staged of recent reenacting photos. These photos try to recreate an authentic desert environment but fail. They were posted here a year or two ago (as authentic) and when replies were skeptical no other comment or posts were made. Someone out there is very devious! Hope they get what they deserve!

Comment

Quality of re-enactor photo's

Peter frrom Belgium made a good comment about putting some effort into the posing of re-enactor photo's. I have posted a bunch of re-enactment photo's under the Living History section of the forum, while they are not perfect, they look much better than the one in question here, ,and the other dubious foto album that was discussed before. I do apologize that they are not FJ related, but they might be worth looking at to see what a little creativity will accomplish.
                      Stroodle

Comment

The seller of these photos is a top notch reputable guy. This is evidenced by his proactive response once he discovered the photos were not period original. I have never even heard rumors of another on-line auction seller contacting potential buyers in an effort to warn them of a mistake or reverse a sale. Such actions speak volumes. I am primarily a collector of German martial arms, related accessories and period photographs of arms subjects. Suspicious or fraudulent items are often discovered in arms auctions. The culture of that collecting world involves exposure of the problem to the seller as well as fellow collectors. In many cases the seller is clueless. Obviously there are other sellers who although they feign ignorance appear to be fraudsters. It is unfortunate when collectors choose to snipe at sellers without giving them the benefit of notification. As this case shows - even the best can make mistakes.Scott
                        Last edited by sszza2; 03-09-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X