FJ Cufftitles from the SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Cufftitles from the SOS

One of the biggest surprises from the SOS was the number of good FJ cufftitles encountered. However, it was also encouraging to see the number of collectors who are genuinly interested in this sub-catagory of FJ collecting. There was a lot of knowledge exchanged; we had several good discussions on characterisitcs of good cufftitles, the different variants, and of course prices. Although cufftitles don't seem to be too popular for whatever reason, it was nice to see many of top FJ collectors excited about cufftitles. I don't think you can substitute the hands-on experience of the SOS.

I picked up two. One was a hand embroidered FJR1 NCO, the other a machine embroidered, converted FJR2 NCO cuff. The numeral 2 was done by hand. Hope you like the pictures.

John

Cufftitles 1

Here's an overall shot. The first FJR1 NCO cuff and the FJR2 NCO are from the SOS
    Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitles

Here's a closer view of the FJR1 NCO. The hand embroidery is amazing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitles

Another view
        Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitles

Fjr 2 Nco
          Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitles

Here's the cool part. The hand embroidered numeral 2. Note the quality of the hand embroidery.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnC View Post
              One of the biggest surprises from the SOS was the number of good FJ cufftitles encountered. However, it was also encouraging to see the number of collectors who are genuinly interested in this sub-catagory of FJ collecting. There was a lot of knowledge exchanged; we had several good discussions on characterisitcs of good cufftitles, the different variants, and of course prices. Although cufftitles don't seem to be too popular for whatever reason, it was nice to see many of top FJ collectors excited about cufftitles. I don't think you can substitute the hands-on experience of the SOS.

I picked up two. One was a hand embroidered FJR1 NCO, the other a machine embroidered, converted FJR2 NCO cuff. The numeral 2 was done by hand. Hope you like the pictures.

John

Beautiful Cts. I suspect the lack of popularity is due in part to the number of good repros out there. Its a real minefield unless you've actually handled a good one. WR Jim

Comment

Cuffs

Thanks Jim. I agree with you. I also think high prices and the fact they are not as cool to a lot of collectors as say smocks and camo helmets (which I like too) make it difficult for many to pull the trigger on these. That's understandable. I think that's why shows like the SOS are so important. It allows us collectors see and touch the real thing, and gather knowledge from others who have done the same.

Comment

Wow John, those are some super cuff titles!! Congrats on some great finds. I blew it all on badges this year but would love to find an nice NCO of anything, I'll try to find you there next year.

You're right, the hands on there is worth the cost of the trip by far.

Alan

Comment

Great collection of cufftitles John! I also have never seen so many original cufftitles for sale at any show in the past. I also most certainly agree that most can not tell good from bad and it was great to discuss these in great detail at the show.

Here are the 2 I picked up.
                    Attached Files
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is the one i picked up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's the cool part. The hand embroidered numeral 2. Note the quality of the hand embroidery.
                            Agree John, that two is superior quality, this is the best Rgt.2 title I've ever seen, love NCO bands!
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Amazing collection John .Congratulations.
                              Here's an overall shot. The first FJR1 NCO cuff and the FJR2 NCO are from the SOS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X