WWII German parachute material help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII German parachute material help

Hello All, this is my first post, as I recently joined forums a few days ago. I hope this is the correct Forum, if it is not someone please let me know which forum is the correct one to post this in.
    what I have is 2 large Camoflage German Parachute? Piece's of Material and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with this such thing. I believe they are part of a german parachute of sort's because I looked up the name's, written on one of the piece's and tried translating it to english and part of it came back as "PARA"..perhaps I am totally wrong in this assumtion, this is why I am posting the pictures of it here and looking for some help in Identifying it.

as far as where I got it from: It was inside an american Veteran's WWII Footlocker, THat I also Have. there is also a pair of winter Gloves in their and I can post a picture of them also, if anyone would like to see them. I dont believe the gloves are german, but then again I could be wrong, as I am not an expert on this such thing's. The gloves have a Manufacturer's name on the inside of them that read's "adam levin"

below are the picture's of the Parachute material...any help would be appreciated...Thanks

[quote=alien1944;1860162]
    I believe they are part of a german parachute. Thanks

I would agree,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Do you think they are worth anything if someone wanted to buy them> any idea how much the may bring in? do you need the size of each one? they are larger than they look in the pictures..let me know your thought's..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alien1944 View Post
        Do you think they are worth anything if someone wanted to buy them> any idea how much the may bring in? do you need the size of each one? they are larger than they look in the pictures..let me know your thought's..thanks
        If you check Ostfronts site I know they sell cut up parachutes as scarves. Depending on the size other members may want to use them as backing material etc.WR Jim -

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X