Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in the Flyers/FJ Gravity Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in the Flyers/FJ Gravity Knife?

Hi all

For those interested in the Fliers knife I have posted a thread in the 'edged weabons' section. Its a mystery to me?

Link below:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=205304

Cheers Mike

I see what you mean...,hmmm..

I think things were mixed up a bit...

One moment they say Weyersberg used the bulky arrow,the other moment they say Weyersberg used the slim one with the 6 feathers..

I think SMF had the slim arrow,all knives I've seen had that one..,which means your knife should be fine..

Here's what the Mack Pattarozzi's Book says...,hope they don't mind..

Jos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Jos

Jos

That page has been printed incorrectly! If you look at page 115 then that is correct, as is the top of page 114 and 146 also confirms the SMF arrow is the thick one without the 6 'feathers'!

So, assuming that is correct (If you own a SMF Type II let us know your arrows!?), then because of the arrows and direction and placement of the assembly number (page 99) and the rivets (page 88) I still think this is a Paul Weyersberg body type II but with a Type I SMF Blade - but why do the assembly numbers match???.

Also the luftamt is different to any in the book or I've seen before - I'll try and get a better picture of this!

So anyone else shed any light on this?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Ok

OK - here are the queries:

a. Paul Weyersberg Type II body and SMF blade, yet matching assembly numbers? If you don't know about this knife then you may like to comment on if these two stamped numbers are they the same 'font'/style?

b. Unusual LuftAmt - the 'L' seems to curve under the '5' & the 'wings' drop below the base of the 'L' - I've not come across this before or seen a reference/picture to this LuftAmt?

Pictures Below:

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hi:

I'm sorry to bother you. but I have a similar SMF piece & I bought it from 6 years ago. (please forgive my poor photo skills).

match number (587) on every parts.

For all I know , we've already discussed similar topic before (regarding the SMF FJ knife), In my personaly opinion this kind of knife is OK.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
            Jos

I still think this is a Paul Weyersberg body type II ...

Cheers Mike
            Why do you think that ?

Jos.

Comment

Jos

Jos/Katsumasa (nice knife!)

Well either Pattarozzi's book is completely wrong or myself and Katsumasa knives are Weyersberg and SMF mixed in my opinion- it has not changed!

See below:

a. Direction of blade housing 'arrows' - Page 115.
              b. Type of Arrow - Page 114 top picture (bottom pic text is round wrong way).
              c. Placement of serial No - Page 98 & 99.
              d. Size of Rivets - Page 88.

All these indicate Paul Weyersberg Body yet the blade is SMF but has a matching serial number. Have a read of the book in detail and you will see what I mean as there are many more references to the differences!

I'm starting to think that Pattarozzi has missed something in his book i.e. manufacturers supplied parts to each other - but I see no mention of this!!

This could be the answer!!!

Cheers Mike

Comment

chaps

I now think my knife may be a new fake i.e. with the blueing. I don't believe that the body is Weyersberg and the blade SMF yet the numbers are matching. I think it is a fake! Several people have commented in the 'Edged weapons' section have a look and let me know what you think.

In other words I think Pattarozzi's book was crying out 'fake' all the time, hence why this 'sharing of parts' was not mentioned!

Mind you its a fantastic fake....

Cheers Mike

Comment

knife

Dear All

I think there is now a resolution to this knife its a SMF/WeyersBerg with numbers replaced and 'blued' up to make it more 'mint'. So I'm happier now, also I've gained a huge amount of info on the Type II in general (thanks to all) - bring on a fake I'm bound to spot it now...

Hope this helps others too - watch out for all matching numbers, mint blueing, mixed arrows, numbers in wrong place, incorrect font and those rivets

p.s. if you are a faker please dont read the above...

Cheers Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X