Osang Para

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osang Para

Hi, I was wondering if you could give an opinion on this Osang Para. I have not been exposed to this pin configuration, and would like to discuss it. Thanks in advance for a frank and informed discussion.
    Attached Files

Here's the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the catch.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
        Here's the catch.
        They got it very close (the beak is still a bit too pointed)....anyway, I havn´t seen any original buntmetal Osang para badges until today and I believe, that there are none.

Comment

There was a good side by side comparison of a fake and an original Osang a while ago. Both are made of zinc, but the fake is close to your buntmetal badge.

Fake is on the left for the guys who******180;ll not know.
          Last edited by Gerd W.; 03-12-2007, 02:29 PM.

Comment

This badge dates to prior to 1990, so does this affect your opinion? The piece was in the collection I just got, and the guy stopped collecting in 1990. Strange . . .

Comment

This badge dates to prior to 1990, so does this affect your opinion? The piece was in the collection I just got, and the guy stopped collecting in 1990. Strange . . .
              Souval made nice buntmetal badges in the early 50ies.............

Craig, the hardware is complete different, an important point. Look at the beak area for example!

There are numerous threads about buntmetal Osang para badges with a lot of additional informations and comparsions; it******180;s worth a search.
              Last edited by Gerd W.; 02-17-2007, 04:22 AM.

Comment

What about this?
                Thank you

Giorgio
                Last edited by ITALIANWARFRONT; 04-16-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ITALIANWARFRONT View Post

Textbook

Comment

So basically just to get my facts straight, the para I posted is a Souval copy? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd W. View Post
                            Textbook
                            thank you

Comment

So basically just to get my facts straight, the para I posted is a Souval copy? Thanks in advance.
                              It´s not! That was an example, that there were highend repros/fakes around 1950+ as well.
                              Good repros can´t be fixed by a special date or year. But it´s right, that nowadays the fakes are sometimes better as the ones we saw 20 years ago.

Your Osang has some problems in the features (hinge/pin/beak/wreath/maker mark pp.), so beside the non textbook "Buntmetal" material, there are other things we could take notice of.

As said, Osang buntmetal badges have been discussed in numerous threads here on WAF....always worth a search.

Maybe you´ll come to the same conclusion, maybe not.

Anyway, I wouldn´t touch such an Osang badge.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X