FJ/ Fliers Gravity Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ/ Fliers Gravity Knife

I thought I would share my latest buy, a Luftwaffe Gravity knife as used by the German Luftwaffe including the FJ! It may not have been used by them of course but I like to think it was....

Cheers Mike

Fine knife Mike, congratulations!
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Nice example. Just picked up two of them at a show over the weekend in a nice trade deal. Mine are more worn and one was modified by the soldier (I think it was), as the spring lock piece up front has been obviously taken off. Blades are both sharpened but i like them that way. First ones i have ever had and they are cool. Congrats on yours! Matt

Comment

pics

Matt - thats great - can you get some pictures one here of your knives?

I also had the chance to pick up two at the weekend but they were the same make and model my one and not as good condition and I spent all my money on a FJ BSW Badge (see my thread in this forum!)

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hello
          I have the same, of the same maker. If you want, I can show it here.

Comment

luft76

Luft76

Yes - post them - I think there should be a fliers gravity knife section! what do others think?

I would like just a FJ gravity knife section but its impossible to tell if they were fliers or FJ's!

Cheers Mike

Comment

15 parabataillon, here is mine :

Comment

Luft

Hey Luft!

Thats a nice Type Ia knife - same as mine but your Luftamt is much clearer and the wood looks in much better condition! A great little piece and value going up all the time (not that I'm selling!). Have you any more FJ/Fliers Knives I would love to see a Model IIb with the dagger blade!

Have a look at my WARNING post on this forum a lunatic is selling a Gravity knife as SMF and then sends Paul Weyersberg pictures - when you ask for more he sends a pemium rate dialler virus!!

Cheers Mike

Comment

Thanks 15 parabatillon. I have only this one. so I can't show you the other model !
                  I will be carefull with internet and saler...

Comment

The two that I have are not nearly as nice as those pictured. Both are SMF marked, one with an early Luft 5 amt and the second with the later Luft 5 amt.
                    Both were sharpened at some time but are fully functional.

Also have a Luft amted fighting knife w/ 3-prong scabbard.

Comment

2.fjd

Hi 2.FJD

Looks like another nice SMF Type I knife, I like to think that if a blade has been sharpened down it means it is more likely to have belonged to a FJ rather than aircrew. Its a weak argument I know but I base this on my experience and knowing that most aircrew had a nice warm 'mess' to return to each night - so why sit there sharpening things!

Cheers

Comment

2.fjd

Hi 2.FJD

Looks like another nice SMF Type I knife, I like to think that if a blade has been sharpened down it means it is more likely to have belonged to a FJ rather than aircrew. Its a weak argument I know but I base this on my experience and knowing that most aircrew had a nice warm 'mess' to return to each night - so why sit there sharpening things!

Cheers

Comment

2. Fjd

2.FJD

Can you get some pictures of the Luftamt markings?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Mike,

here are a few images of the Luftamts.

The first is from a Kampfmesser

The next two are from Fliegermessers

Hope this helps.

2.FJD

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X