Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical water-pattern camo smock ?

Hi all,

I was lucky last weekend. I visited my parents in Brittany and met the old next-door neighbour who heard from them about my interest for the german relics. Mr PAUSSONDOIVRIL from LORIENT is a very old man. He was a French Resistant during WWII.
    I spent a lot of time when I was a kid in his garden; just stealing some apples.
    I always knew he had stolen gears from the damned germans but I was small it was not my cup of tea.
    After a nice bowl of cider he put this on the table of the kitchen. I brought back my camera the next day and took this shot.
    Well, he is still very interested in this old relic but I was wondering how much I could offer him for this jump smock ?
    Uniforms are not really my point of interest; maybe one person from the forum will be interested in contacting this old gentleman. Anyway you could contact me through my EMail : Greendevils41@aol.com

Jean-Yves

Jean Yves! Some were born on today's date, I wasn't one of them.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

One million Turkish lira
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Mr. Monkey says...
        Attached Files
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Dragon says: "Third-Pattern Jump Smock, Sumpfmuster Camouflage (late)". Always improving its offer...
          Regards.

Comment

I would give him a buck three eighty nine, only if the 12 inch dude came with it.
            DaveJ

Comment

Somehow I think $13 will buy as many as you want..

Willi
              Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I must admit I started getting very excited when JYN began describing the story. When I caught a glimpse of the top part of the pic as I was reading the text, I could not help but think "Wow, some guys have ALL the luck!"
                When you go home
                Tell them for us and say
                For your tomorrow
                We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Hi all,

I must admit, it was a bit easy. But I have one year now to find something more clever .

Jean-Yves

Comment

Jean Yves, are you one of those salesmen in the Histoire et Collection book store? The bald guy with glasses?
                    JL

Comment

John-Loup,

That's 'handsome fellow with glasses at book store' to you..
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi all,

As you had to face my terrible "Poisson d'Avril" (equivalent of the Fool Day' joke), I am sending one of the original photo which has been given to me by a veteran. A very good friend who passed away few months ago.

This picture has been taken in Jeddeloh/Oldenburg by November 1944.
                        Gefreiter Helmut Schneider was belonging to the Granatwerfergruppe of the 4./Fallsch.Pi.Btl.5. A copy of the picture is in the excellent book from Gerhard Martin Fallschirmpioniere in der Ardennenschlacht. He is in the middle of the Gruppe.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Okay, I'm looking at the pictue thinking.....

Man, I can't believe he thinks that thing is real. Maybe he doesn't. He wrote a para book. He's trying to hose us. Something about it doesn't look right. The thread is way too big......hey....wait a minute..... that's not right!

Comment

Giday everyone,

With reference to JYN's photo, the chap who is third on the left appears to be wearing a very early olive green coloured jump smock with pockets that have been added thereto and which are not covered by any flaps, much like those worn by the Jäger involved in the capture of Eben Emael four years earlier. What does everyone else think?

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Nice shot, Jean-Yves!
                              I also thought the same, Ian! It reminds me of those seen on the famous photo appearing Hitler with the RK winners.
                              This pic depicts very well the course of the war. It might be a "summary" regarding the use of jumpsmocks. It can be seen the first model (the one wich evokes the FJ "succesful" fights...) and the last one, the third model (mainly tan and water, as far as I can see). I think some of the FJs are wearing The Luftwaffe ground division smocks. This all may ensure the fact commented many times: at that stage of the war, many paras were FJs by name only.
                              With regard to the helmets, it can be assumed the lack of M38 helmets in this pic. Another common feature by that time.

As far as I know, Fallsch.Pi.Btl. 5 first saw action south of Carentan at the beginning of the Allied invasion in June 1944. They were pusched by these forces in an easterly direction suffering heavy casualties. They were moved back with 5th FJD to Tangermünde for rest and refitting, and then to Leyden (Holland). By the Bulge they were moved to Offenburg, near Prüm, in the Eifel. On 16 December 1944 they reached Vianden and crossed the Our river, fighting during the following days at Chaumont, Booven, Liverchamps, Malmeson, Bellange, Villers le Bonne. After the failure of the offensive, they withdrew eastwards through Westerwald.

The 4. company was commanded by Hauptmann von Gerlach, Leutnant Grosser, Leutnant Prigge and Leutnant Richter.
                              Regards. Óscar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X