Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reference books on Fallschirmjagers

Greetings,
    Looking for advise or opinions as to which are the prefered books on German paratroopers?I have Bruce Quarrie's book it was a good starting point but would like to find something more in depeth.Thanks for any feedback.

Mark E

Hi,

For FJ militaria , i think that "German paratrooper" of Robert KURTZ is the best book. And in second, "Soldat, volume VIII" of Chris MASON. The book about the Army FJ of Eric QUEEN. After you have an excellent French book (also in English language)" Les parachutistes Allemands en France" of Alain CHAZETTE for the history.

David.

(I look for an original 3rd FJ div cap badge (Schimpf badge))

Comment

The 2 part Fallschirmjager Regiment 3 series is a great read. It goes through a general history of the regiment, but it gives you a great sense of the war. Green Devils is also a great read, along with Fallschimjagers in Crete. I HIGHLY recommend Robert Kurtz's book if you were to get only one reference, i havent found a book to top it yet!

Regards
      Eric Houtman

Comment

Jean Yves Nassau's "Green Devils" is a good reference on FJ's with lots of photos and personal accounts. His "Kreta" book is also a great volume, specifically about the Crete battle.
        If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Die Bildchronik der Fallschirmtruppe is great as well if you have the ability to read German. Although the captions are in both English and German.

I recently ordered the first of the FJR 3 books as well....and am definitely looking forward to that. Eric Queen's book arrived today, and I've been drooling ov..er..no....browsing the pages and absorbing the information.

Are you looking for more historically informative or more militaria researching books? Werner Haupts "Deutsche SPezialdivionen" (Elite German Divisions in World War II) is available both in German and English printings, and has some pretty decent research information. Greg Way's online page (http://www.eagle19.freeserve.co.uk/) is also another worthy mention, and doesn't cost a penny!!!
          Jon

Comment

update paratroop reference books

Thanks to all other members who kindly gave me recommendations. I have since obtained 2 of Jean Yves Nasse's books being "Green Devils" and "Kreta".
            I have found very good info in both of these books and am enjoying the read. If anyone else is looking for "Green Devils" don't wait too long as I had some difficulty in finding one in English,in reasonable condition and at a respectable price.

Thanks again
            Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X