Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

para helmet

Dave,
    I would not put a repo liner in this helmet, and I would think twice about putting a real liner in it. The reason is that you will never free all four spanner bolts to get a liner in. If you try, one will surely wind up scratched or broken. That will devalue the helmet even more. Leave it as it is.

Also, I believe the wire was put on post-war to "restore" the value of a helmet that, because of condition, was no longer worth 3-4 thousand dollars.

I suspect the dealer you bought it from just decided to get what he could for it.
    John

Hi Dave,

I'm on board with JB 100%. The helmet is best left as is. IMO, 99% of the time the value of pieces are best served by leaving them alone. It will look fine displayed as is, especially on a shelf.

And again, as John said, the wire doesn't look original to the helmet. But as you said, the camo paint is good, and it IS a fine first para helmet.

Regards,
    JH
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I concur about the liner, I would never try to remove the bolts for any reason. I am happy with the helmet as is, just was wondering about the wire, which consensus is that it has been added.
      Thanks
      Dave
      DaveJ

Comment

I agree with all, and have seen this helmet a good 6 or 7 times at shows.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks,
          Dave
          DaveJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X