FJ capture papers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ capture papers.....

I have a unique set of documents from this FJ (Sturm Rgt). Starting with pre-war enlistment to being captured in Italy after the fall of Rome, to all of his US papers while a POW and ending with his return to the Soviet zone in the DDR and getting a Soviet ID, a very unique experience.

Here is his US capture paper.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Giday Willi,

How are you? I hope that you are well.

As you may know, I am at present gathering material for a book I propose to write about the Jäger of Sturmabteilung Koch. This includes the compilation of a complete list, if possible, of the Jäger of Sturmabteilung Koch.

I note with great interest that Waldin Broßmann was a member of the 1st Kompanie of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 1 in December, 1938, and was one of the original members of the 1st Kompanie of the Sturmregiment.

Was Waldin Broßmann a member of Sturmabteilung Koch? If yes, which of the assault groups Beton, Eisen or Stahl did he belong to? My guess is that it was Stahl.

I look forward to reading your reply.

All the best,

Ian Tannahill

Comment

Hi Ian,

I see you have noticed his "obligation" papers from the other thread! I do not know if Brossman was in Sturmabteilung Koch. I do know that he started with 1./FJR1 in 1939, got his jump badge on 7 Sep 39, jumped (or by glider) on Kreta as a member of 1./ Sturm Rgt. I have none of his documents (if he had any) from 1940. I would suspect (only a guess) that he served with 1./FJR1 until the Sturm Regiment was formed in late '40, when he was assigned to 1./ Sturm Rgt. I have none of his EK documents, so it is possible that he earned something in 1940 or Kreta. He earned his wound badge (Italy), Luft ground combat (Russia), so one can only assume he had at least an EKII at some point.

Sounds like a great idea........your book! Will send you a PM today to discuss some other things.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is a Sturm Rgt "Erinnerung" from Meindl for Kreta that was with Bossmann's papers.

Willi
        Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Giday Willi,

Instead of sending me a pm, would you please send me an email. My email address is:

spokeye@yahoo.com.au

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Ian Tannahill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X