Camo FJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo FJ

Does anyone remember seeing this one at the SOS? What did you think of it if you did? What do you think of it even if you didn't?

Interior Shot

Comment

The decal side. Look closely. Eric Q......

Comment

Just from the photos it looks good.

Steve

Comment

Jack,

I saw two fake army jump helmets at the SOS ( including a SD/camo ), but didn't see this one.

I am sure others may disagree, but I don't like it for a couple of reasons.

1. I think proving that SD army jump helmets existed may be a tough sell. Like anything, it is certainly possible, but I think highly unlikely. They were not offically augmented to company strength until April of 1943 ( before that existing only as a platoon ), not long before the order was given to remove the decals all together from steel helmets. Since they were trained at Luftwaffe facilities, there is no doubt they were issued equipment from Lw. stocks, just as the FIK had been 6 years earlier ( the FIK did not receive helmets with Heer decals until over a year after they were formed ( and that was before the war ) ). There are people who believe that individuals could have applied decals to no-decal helmets as a "personal preference" ( like they say the SS para's did ) but I would have to see proof of it to believe it. I would assume that even mid/late war, regulations still had to be followed, and elite units like this were even more severe.

2. Just my opinion ( judging from these photos ), but I don't care for the wear patterns on the helmet. I see a lot of "chipping" ( typical of the results of applying acid to the surface of the helmet before its painted, wait for the paint to bubble, and "chipping" the paint off), but I don't see that much wear ( except for over the decal, looks like it was "escavated" ). Just my thoughts from looking at these photos. Would need to see it in the flesh to have a better feel for it.

Thanks for showing it and I am sure we will hear others opinions.

Eric

Comment

I am with Eric on this one. I would have to hold it to be sure, but I have "concerns" about this camo paint work.

Willi
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Camo FJ

Nice fj camo helmet found in summer 2001 in Brittany

Comment

Nice helmet! Big difference between the two in camo wear, etc. How does it look on the inside? Does it have sawdust in the paint? Any history on it?

It always help to see another tan and green camo, very common to FJ units that operated at Normandy, that can be traced to that battle area.

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Fj camo

Hi
                  A friend of mine has found this helmet in a cellar in the town of Quimper (60 km south of Brest), the Helmet is complete with a name inside, i'll try to found photo of the inside.It have sawdust in the paint.
                  Herlé

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X