Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ award document question

Hello,

i have a question regarding the sizes from the FJ badge award documents, the eraly types are A4 format and the later war documents tend to be A5 size => is there a price difference between both types ? etc ....

Cordial Greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Hello,

i own an A5 doc from 1941 !(FJ-Rgt3 member). IMO there's only a price difference between pre war and wartime doc's.Even very late doc's maybe sold at higher prices!?

Greetings

Heinrich

Comment

Giday Stijn,

Based upon my own experiences, the larger documents tend to command the highest prices. This may be due, at least in part, to the fact the recipient of the award most likely was involved in the early campaigns in the west and the jump on Crete.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

FJ award dcoument

Hello Ian and heinrich,

Thank you both for the quick reply => Ian you are correct, the doc. that im offered is from a medic that jumped on Crete and was heavely wounded during that jump, etc ....

Along with the award doc. there is a complete 8 page long written booklet from his jump at crete, etc ... and his experiences on that action.

would this make it more valuable ? + what would be a good price ?

Cordial Greetings,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

I agree with the comments that the large ones bring more than the smaller documents. Pre-war more so than wartime.....and pre-Kreta more than post Kreta. Jump badge doucments for the badge in cloth (which are all post Kreta) bring the most in value........the rarity of that document dictates that.

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X