Sos Report Anyone .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sos Report Anyone .....

....any FJ collector care to give us a report on the SOS show ? I 'm sure we would all like to hear what was available.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Just got back from the show a couple of hours ago. I'll do my best to give a brief run down of the paratrooper related material that was there ( that I saw ). I am sure others will add to, and comment on, this.

M37 helmet ( 100% orignal, one of the very few in the world. 2nd pattern Lw. eagle ) = sold for $22,000.00

M40 snap crotch conversion smock ( mint, splinter over print )
    $11,000.00 ( also came with Luger and belt which supposably came from the same guy )

M38 DD helmet w/ Normandie camo ( original M38 pads and liner, beautiful condiditon, small size ) $12,500.00

M38 DD ( Lw. decal in poor condition, over all VG ) $11,800.00

M42 splinter smock ( very nice condition, seemed not to be messed with at all ) $8,000.00

M42 splinter smock ( many holes, bird missing, beat to crap ) $6,000.00

2 mint watter pattern smocks, one was $6995.00 and the other was I believe $6,500.00

Paratrooper Wehrpass: almost no enteries, only award was para badge in 1943 = $700.00

Period amature painting of Koch ( attempt at copying Wilrich post card ) = $750.00

Beautiful paratrooper bronze ( about 15 inches high ), the only one I have ever seen or heard of = $5,000.00

2 other Normandie camos and many SD's ( I didn't ask the prices )

100% original Fallschirm Division sleeveband, one of the only real ones I know of ( I have known of this one for over 20 years )
    Made your mouth water = $3000.00

Army Para badges ( many fakes, the these real ones )

2nd model aluminum ( mint but with strike anomoly ) $1600.00

2nd patter aluminum ( worn with repaired catch, very nice ) $2,250.00

1943 patter cloth ( very rare ) $3000.00

1943 pattern / zink ( most of finish worn off ) $995.00

1943 pattern / zink ( very nice ) $1595.00

about 6 original bandoleers ( $300 - $395 )

By the end of Saturday, the only thing on this list here that I saw was sold was the first helmet ( but even that is not for sure because the buyer left a down payment and never came back )

What does this say? Have the prices just gotten so far out of line that people are just walking away? Are we getting tired of getting raped for this stuff ?

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts ( all of you ).

Thanks,

Eric

Also, anyone who can add to ( or update ) this list please do so.

Comment

Hi Eric,
      Thanks for taking the time to provide such a complete list . I am staggered by the choice and also some of the prices . When you say a M37 DD , I presume you mean the ones with one slot cut in each side and the two carbine clip straps fixed directly to the liner band , yes ? If it's real , as you say, the seller can ask what he likes. Anyone take a photo ?
      $12500 for an ordinary M38 does seem very high, in my mind it would need to be solid mint to be worth that kind of money .
      I guess we are all to blame when it comes the current trend in FJ prices, though I can't help wondering if the recent poor performance in the world's stock markets , and the speculative buying of top -end militaria by investors hasn't got something to do with it.
      Looks like I need to start saving !

Regards,

Steve

Comment

I saw several very nice camo para helmets
        The two I examined were 5K and 6K
        Both were 100% right and in very good condition. Neither displayed any signs of a decal, may have been under the paint.

I saw another 2 camos one was a DD with the early white pads looked all correct I think it was the one Eric mentioned over 12K the other was a SD and it was 8K or 9K

Very nice DD with smooth green paint sold for $13,500

Eric,

Great meeting you.
        Concerning the M37 DD was that the one that had all the orange padding that dried up and fell out of it. The guy had some of the remains of the pad in a plastic bag?

Comment

Hey Matt,

Great meeting you as well.

Yes, that is the helmet. The pads had dried up and fallen out, but no doubt what-so-ever, that they were there at one time. Did you notice the huge gap, and the streched thread, between the actual liner and the liner band ( to accomodate the pads ). Much different than all the fakes in which the liner is directly ( snug ) up against the band
          ( and no way there was ever room for the pads ). I first saw this helmet over 20 years ago.

Did that DD actually sell for $13.5 K ? Wow, well just another indication of the sad truth that I, and perhaps some others, have been in effect priced out of the market.

Take care,

Eric

Comment

I wish I could have attended the show, but I had to attend a wedding. I knew of some of these items, would have loved to have seen the converted splinter step-in M40 smock. I understand that it did not sell. I think many are just fishing with these prices.....bringing things out that they don't really want to sell, but for the right money they would. Eric, who got the M37? PM if you like. I know that a mint pair of FJ trousers showed up on Sat morning, the buyer called me in the AM. From the same batch, and veteran, that other mint ones have come from.

Willi
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Eric, did you just REMEMBER all that??

I am impressed. Matt, nice to meet you too, I missed you on the other threads.

Sebastian
              Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Yeah, that's all I could remember off the top of my head. I am sure I have forgotten a few pieces. Have lost too many brain cells through alcohol abuse

Willi,

Will PM you details of the M37. Nice pot but too deep for my pockets.

EQ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X