Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Feldwebel Otto Bosel

Hi all
    Does anyone have any info on Luftwaffe Nco Otto Bosel ,I know hes a Ritterkreutz holder and appears to be a feld division or possibly HG division soldat Also if anyone knows him how did he win his knights cross?. I know this is not really a fcshirm topic but theres always a good bit of expertise on this forum when it comes to other LW related subjects

Cheers in advance

Sean W

Hello Sean
    Here is the info :
    BÖSEL OTTO
    DoB : 12/07/1913
    Last rank : HAUPTWACHTMEISTER
    Last unit : 1/FELD FLAKART. SCH. 16
    EK1 : 19/09/1940
    DKiG : 22/05/1943 as Wm. 2/FLAK RGT. 43
    RK : 11/06/1944 (1239th) as Wm. 2/FLAK RGT. 43
    Bösel belongs to a the flak branch and was not a fallschirmjäger.
    I have currently no photo of him but it can be easily found in the postwar litterature. If my memory serves me, I think there is a good one showing him with a helmet and a net.
    Regards
    Denis

Comment

Cheers for info

Denis
      Thanks for info regarding Otto Bosel Ive seen the picture of him wearing RK and helmet net . do you think with being in a flak unit that he achived his gallantry awards tank busting?? (with 88 Flak, Pak) he is higly decorated for purely AA duties

Cheers

Sean W

Comment

Hi sean
        I have not my books at the time I'm writing so I can't give you a response. I will check this evening and provide you elements (I hope) tomorrow.
        Regards
        Denis

Comment

Hi Sean
          I had a look on the Biblio Verlag's book. You're right. During fights on the Galaza front (27/05-30/05/42) in Afrika, a 3km long front area was held by the Flak Rgt. 135 and the I/Flak Rgt. 43. Both successfully beat a 65 Bristish tanks assault off. At the end, 24 tanks were destroyed. Major Gürhke was immediately awarded the KC as Kdr. I/43. For the same action, more than 2 years later (interesting to note it even if I don't know the reason why), Oblt. Gellert and Wm. Bösel also received the KC.
          This action is a typical use of the 88mm guns against tanks in Africa.
          Hope this helps
          Regards
          Denis

PS : FSJ moderators can move this thread to a more appropriated location (just PM Sean and I to notify the new place)

Comment

The 88 dominates the field

Hi Denis
            Buzzzzzin! that my hunch was right( Ive a soft spot for the 88 used as a panzerknacker waffen) my mums dad served in a LW FlaK unit on two fronts for his total military service, in Russia and Normandy 80% of the time in action giving support fire to ground based troops or knocking out tanks or ssv at long range .
            Denis could you give me the name of the book you got this info again please

Many Thanks

Sean Weber

Comment

hi Sean
              The book was entitled "Die Ritterkreuzträger der Flugabwehrtruppen" and was published by Biblio Verlag. The first volume covers recipients' names from A to K. The 2nd one deals with soldiers' names from L to Z.
              Regards
              Denis

Comment

Many Thanks

Cheers

Once again for info Denis "Youre a gent"

Regards
                Sean W

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X