parachutist's badge ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parachutist's badge ??

Hi has any one seen or have any thoughts on this badge. I picked it up in a hotel add about 10 years ago. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi David. I'm not an expert on these badges...BUT...I really don't like this one!

Look at the feather fletching...STRAIGHT line detail. NOT what I would consider to be authentic. Most authentic badges have seen have a much more artistic design.
      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

I don't like it either - The cut out portion at the rear of the top wing is like nothing I've come across before. Also the block hinge and the 800 marking on the pin are not known to me as any manufacturers characteristics for a Parachutists Badge. Private purchase? I vote no on this option also - the quality is just not there. That adler leaves a lot to be desired for something a jeweler ( 800 silver marks? ) would make IMO.
        ERIC

Comment

Definitely not one for the display case!

Comment

Looks familiar!!?? At least the front!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...threadid=18256

Comment

It certainly does look familiar! This eagle and wreath are the same as those of my 'Deumer' badge while the eagle is clearly the same as the one on the Meybauer-marked badge, shown in the thread to which Tim has provided a link (Tim...I like my crow sectioned and grilled...if you wanna start plucking it now). I must say that it's looking black for these badges from where I am standing. Now...is this badge of yours actually made of silver? Tell you what, could you repost your badge in that other thread? Complete with the story of how you got it?

Prosper Keating

Comment

Hi I did have it checked by a local jeweler and he said it was silver but did not state what % it was. I got the badge from a vet at a motel add we ran several years ago.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X