CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FJ helmets at Cassino...missing helmet bolts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helmets at Cassino...missing helmet bolts...

Thought I would share this unique photo. Note that the FJ on the left has a M38 double decal tan camo painted helmet.

Note the the FJ on the right wearing a tan camo helmet with both rear bolts missing.......and his effort in keeping his liner in place by tying something (a string?) into both bolt holes.....

Willi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Willi Zahn; 02-16-2003, 10:23 AM.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Willi

That is a really cool photo.

Can you imagine that helmet with the missing bolts with the liner tied in sitting on a dealers table. It would be a tough sell.

The right person would be able to determine it was period done, but most would run away.

I saw a decent para camo at a show in ATL where it had a large screw inserted in one of the rear holes. Looked period applied. The dealer told me nobody wanted it because of this.

I told him nobody wanted it because it was way over priced but that is a different story.

Thanks for posting the photo

Comment

More missing bolts.....

Note the 2 FJs with bolts missing from their helmets. One FJ rigged it up, the other didn't, and has his chinstrap resting on his shoulder.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Matt, I have seen several FJ helmets with odd bolts in place of the missing ones. Some were done post-war by the vets. A friend of mine excells in finding helmets directly from the veterans. I have seen one with a large rivet that the veteran put in himself. I think I have seen the one you mentioned........a very large bolt. Have seen a few others, and may have a photo or two of them. Will try to dig them up...... And yes, I agree that collectors tend to shy away from these....it does hurt the value.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X