Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIRBOURNE EXPERIMENTAL HELMET Any truth to this ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIRBOURNE EXPERIMENTAL HELMET Any truth to this ???

Never seen this before, Any truth to this, or is this just a cut down M-35. Link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36046

Absolute nonsense!!! And, the seller is rather well-known in the collecting community. He showed me both the helmet and the photo at a show.........he insisted that the helmet was the one being worn by the FJ in that photo. Not that style, but rather that EXACT same helmet. My response to him was "do you think I am stupid?"......there was no further conversation.

That so many are bidding on that thing........

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Figured so. So annoying.

Comment

bad para

Willi, Last week I forwarded that auction to Chris, as a joke! What an awful piece of junk.
        John

Comment

I had a look at the photos in the auction and laughed my ass of when i saw the paper stickers on the inside!! this stupid faker cant even write proper german - one of them says:

Versuchs-Fallshirmjäger-Helm
          Fabrik Versuchs Berlin 1938

The word Fallschirmjäger is spelled wrong and what that second line is supposed to say i dont know
          what a piece of "Bockmist"!

Gruß,
          KSM

PS: the poor guy who bid 910$ for that piece of crap! someone should tell him....

Comment

"original helmet"

Its too bad some of the advanced collector types can't buy this thing to give it a thorough examination on this forum or in some upcoming book. I enjoy seeing the original and fake items that are posted on this site: such a terrific learning tool. Thanks to all those who contribute!

Fergus.

Comment

I believe that no collector should pay top dollar for something they are not sure about. That's why I like this forum so much. The fakers are very clever, but not this one. Couldn't even get the spelling right ! I feel sorry for the poor collector who is going to have this "gem" sitting in his trophy room.

Comment

"Bockmist", I like that phrase KSM!

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Bockmist is what comes in meaning and sounding next to your "bull****"- it is in use a lot with the common landser too, i though you people would like it n

Gruß,
                  KSM

Comment

Very old thread but can someone tell or even show what kind of helmet was discussed here?

Regards, Matthias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X