FJ sidearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ sidearms

I know that this may actually be a cross topic, but I thought I could elicit more responses here from the FJ crew

Which and when, sidearms were issued to Fallschirmjagers?

I assume the Luger P08 was first, then later in the war the Walther P-38, but were Browning HiPowers issued? Sigs? Walther PPK's?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Mike
    If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Pistols!

Mike,
    Yes, they did have High powers in addition to Lugers and P38's. Also they had Browning 1922's and Radoms. You must mean Sauer instead of Sigs, the Sig is a post war pistol.
    Fj officers could have had any of the small .32 caliber pistols such as the Walther pp, ppk, Sauer 38, Mauser Hsc, Fremaru etc.
    The Germans issued everything they could pick up. I have Astra's and Star pistols from Spain that are WaAmpted and used during the war.
    All of these pistols I have, and see no none that would not have served them well.
    If you need any pic's of them or the proper holster let me know, I have at least 5 of each of them.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    Robert

Comment

We are discussing this topic in the firearms section, for anyone who is interested.... maybe others such as Don, Ian, etc who have lots of FJ veteran contacts, can add to this.......

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X