Mike G's new water pattern FJ smock..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike G's new water pattern FJ smock..

Mike sent me this photo of his newly acquired mint FJ smock as we were chatting on the phone. A water pattern smock in what appears to be the '43 style of water camo. Undated, but with size and RBNr.....and a paper issue tag still sewn inside. Paper tags confirms a theory I will present in my smock book...soon to come. Mike would have alot more to contribute, if John and I work on him.....

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Willi

Thats a great item.
    I plan to see it in person on Sunday. Digital camera will be hand.

Matt

Comment

Hi Willi,
      I have one of these smocks . Is this the first of the water patterns ? Mine has some left-over pieces of splinter smock used in its construction , so I guess it must be early.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Splinter scraps were used in tan/water smock construction at the end of 1944, so this isn't an indicator of early production. In addition, late manufactured splinter jump smocks, produced in early 44, will sometimes have tan/water material used in their construction.

Best,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I agree with John. My earliest water pattern smock is dated 1943, and the pocket lining of all 4 main pockets is made from splinter material. And, many of the early '44 dated splinter smocks seem to have water pattern parts. Just a matter of what was laying around when they put the smock together....unlikely they wasted any scraps. I would speculate that you see this mixing of camo patterns during the time when both splinter and water smocks were made. By the end of '44 water pattern was the style being made.

Here is a very late water pattern smock....dated 12-44.

Willi
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X