Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper shirts

Hi,
    Can someone tell me what type of shirt( if any) German paratroopers wore beneath their fliegerblouses. I have a LW blue/white mottled shirt with a detatchable collar, would this be one type they wore ?
    Information / photos welcome.
    Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, your shirt would work fine. FJs wore several styles of Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht shirts. In 1944 there was an order (mentioned in Angolia's Luft series) that allowed the wear of the standard Wehrmacht field gray shirt under the Fliegerbluse in the field. Otherwise, the normal Luft blue shirt was common. A company is not making a nice reproduction of one of these (in fact both are nicely reproduced now) in the blue......nice for display under a tunic, etc.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Finally got a late version, Willi .
      Should suit my FJR6 mannequin .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SMP; 02-22-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
        Finally got a late version, Willi .
        Should suit my FJR6 mannequin .
        Would be great to see if you get the chance to post up pics Steve.

Comment

Hi, Steve

That shirt is perfect for your FJR6 Mannequin

DAvid

Comment

Perfect shirt for sure! I have also seen on pictures civilian shirts on paratroopers in Normandy.

Comment

Hi, Steve

Tropical shirts are also perfect for Normandy fighters.

Thanks, David

Comment

Originally posted by falls1944 View Post
                Tropical shirts are also perfect for Normandy fighters.
                Could you explain the origin of tropical LW shirts in Normandy? Did they come directly with FJ units or individuals transferred from southern front or were they issued on regular basis to units stationed in northern France?

Comment

Originally posted by kiler View Post
                  Could you explain the origin of tropical LW shirts in Normandy? Did they come directly with FJ units or individuals transferred from southern front or were they issued on regular basis to units stationed in northern France?
                  I think about some members of FJR6 who fought in Italy and after in Normandy. The same for other units who fought in north-africa. I remember an old Norman who had 14 years old in 1944 and stole 2 jump smocks and a LW tropical tunic and pants in a trucks parked with germans paratroopers in the cab.

DAvid

Comment

Thanks for explanation David!

Comment

I'm not really surprised, we've got a picture of Fallschirmjäger regiment 15 showing a tropical tunic in wear during the battle. I also think that veterans from south from who came back to Britanny to form new divisions kept their stuff or at least some tropical stuff was provided to them. I've found a luftwaffe tropical m41 fieldmade cap and belt+ buckle in Dinard (near St Malo) and we are far from being on the south front

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                      Hi Steve,

Yes, your shirt would work fine. FJs wore several styles of Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht shirts. In 1944 there was an order (mentioned in Angolia's Luft series) that allowed the wear of the standard Wehrmacht field gray shirt under the Fliegerbluse in the field. Otherwise, the normal Luft blue shirt was common. A company is not making a nice reproduction of one of these (in fact both are nicely reproduced now) in the blue......nice for display under a tunic, etc.

Willi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X