DD Para Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD Para Helmet

I was a ble to see a couple pretty nice DD Para helmets the other day.
    Pretty refreshing to see some real ones.
    This helmet belongs to Mike Gaspar an advanced collector and great guy to visit with. This is just one of his many great helmets.
    (Mike cannot post photos yet)
    Attached Files

x
    Attached Files

Comment

Great helmet Matt ! Mike is a lucky man.

Steve.

Comment

Hello,

looks like a nice and honest helmet.Pic's of the liner out there?

Greetings

Heinrich

Comment

Yes, Mike has some very nice helmets, and other FJ items. He is also well-informed about about the network of both good and bad FJ items. I hope he starts contributing, as he is now a member.

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Again Matt please let me express my appreciation for you posting the pics. I promise to work on the quality of the photos and will try to get some interior shots (Heinrich). Willi thanks for pushing me to get involved!

This particular helmet is an "ET 71" (but a real one) with a 68 dark padded liner. This is not the first time I have seen this combination, especially in a double decal para. As well, this helmet has a very interesting story associated with it, so let me begin!

The helmet itself was picked up in 1953 by a gentleman by the name of John Ritchley out of Ft. Levenworth, KS. His next door neighbor was a WWII vet who had brought the "war trophy" home and and eventually gave it to John. John treasured this piece in his collection for 36 years, he eventually traded it to another collector and friend of mine in 1989. It was promised to me, but it took several different paths before it found it's way home!

Mike!

Comment

Mike, although we have corresponded via email, my official welcome to the forum. Great to have you!

Andy

Comment

Here is the inside of this helmet

x
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X