X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mike ......82nd

Mike

We were in the same BN
    When I got there the BC was Barthememes.....

My CC was Frank Fragile

The 1st/ 508th was gone/converted to the 3/504

I had a lot more fun in the 82nd than the Ranger Regiment

Matt

The 1/508 was renumbered to the 3/505, and not the 3/504. The 1/508 (3/505) was one of my old 82nd units. We changed unit designations in September 1987. LTCOL Jack P. Nix (aka the Ninja) was Battalion Commander and Frank H. Akers was the Brigade Commander. Nix has his "Stars" now. And, if memory serves correctly, just months prior to the change Major General Carl Stiner assumed command of the 82nd.

Shortly after the unit designational change I headed over to the 307th Medical Battalion (ABN) to take over a Company XO spot.

The attached photo (left to right) is of me (1LT Feid - when I was a very young looking pup back in early 1988), MGEN Carl Stiner (Commander, 82nd Airborne Division), LTC Myung Kim (Battalion Commander, 307 Med BN), and CPT Marty Curry (82nd Optometrist). Captain Curry and I had just earned our Expert Field Medical Badges, and General Stiner came out to the awards cerimony. In case you are wondering, yes, I am wearing an Expert Infantryman's Badge as well. Prior to coming on active duty I was an Infantry Officer.
    Last edited by Hauptmann; 01-20-2003, 03:45 PM.

Comment

This photo was taken the same day. It is of me being a total wuss while getting my "Blood EFMB." I am pretty sure they gave me a badge with extra long pins...naw, I am just being a wuss.

Comment

I snapped this after I hit the DZ (Sicily DZ) during Operation Market Square II in 1988. I was part of the first wave, so I was able to take this great shot of the waves coming in behind us. I had to crop it because I turned it into an 8 X 10. Even cropped, you get the picture...remember this........

Comment

Mike

Your right, I guess it was the 2/508 that went to the 3/504.
          I remember a lot of guys still talked about the 08.

Great photos.

Nix took the 504 before I left.
          I liked George Crocker a lot better than Nix

Matt

Comment

Sorry, Matt, that wasn't Mike who posted the photos or made the comments. That was me, Erich Feid (Hauptmann). Sorry about that.

I agree Crocker was great! ANYONE was better than Nix.

Comment

Sorry about that Erich............
              Not sure where Mike came from

Matt

Comment

I will leave this here this one time, but ask that in the future you use private email for this type of correspondence or Die Kneipe.
                This has nothing to do with German paratrooper and this forum is not a private message board.

Thanks,

EQ

Comment

I am very sorry, Eric. You are right, this is not a private message board and I will not treat it as such in the future. My apologies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X